the one that got away?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
what was yours? what was the car that you sold that you never should have?

mine... '67 gto that i bought with 8th grade graduation money/bday present in pieces. put it together over a summer with a $600 '72 455 out of a grandville, and a iron case super t-10 trans that i got from a friend of my pops... and had a blast in it for the whole time i had my permit and 1st year of a liscense.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
what was yours? what was the car that you sold that you never should have?

mine... '67 gto that i bought with 8th grade graduation money/bday present in pieces. put it together over a summer with a $600 '72 455 out of a grandville, and a iron case super t-10 trans that i got from a friend of my pops... and had a blast in it for the whole time i had my permit and 1st year of a liscense.

None... I still own my first car. I still plan on owning it for many years to come and I hope to have the G8 for a very long time as well.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
i do have one that i didnt purchase.

I got one of those too.

Guy at my work had a 78 TA he was trying to sell. I dont remember the engine/tranny combo, but I know it ran mid 12s. The exterior and interior looked like total crap though. Needed a lot of restoration. I didnt think I would ever want to do a resto to a 78 TA. Even though that is one of my favorites since that is the year of the Bandit.

He only wanted $4K for it, and I actually had that kind of money sitting around at the time. :fu: Id buy it in a heartbeat if I could do it again.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
These are the two that got away from me:

1968 Camaro, my first car
1968%20Camaro%201.jpg

1993 Lightning, my first truck
1993%20Red%20Lightning%202.jpg

Z

Zenriddles

1969 Mach 1 w/428 and AC - California car.

Sold it to pay bills in 1994 and didn't get half what it was worth even then. Killing myself nowadays seeing what a rusty shell goes for, let alone a near perfect example.

If I'd just killed the wife and kids and kept the car, I might be out on parole already.....(just musing.....)

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
My 88 Iroc. It had a 350 bored to 355 with all forged internals and 20,000 on the engine. Had drag shocks and a new paint job(wich wasn't the best). I put some drag lites on it that made it look even better. Ran 13.7 on motor and 12.66 on 150 shot spinning the tires.
The last month I had it I put a brand new trans and stall in it and also a brand new rear end. So I dropped almost $4,000 into it and ended up selling it for $4,000 because it was due for emissions(no cats or emissions equipment) and i was kinda low on money. The last I heard some kid split it in half.
camaro.jpg

Last

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info