the one that got away?

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
what was yours? what was the car that you sold that you never should have?

mine... '67 gto that i bought with 8th grade graduation money/bday present in pieces. put it together over a summer with a $600 '72 455 out of a grandville, and a iron case super t-10 trans that i got from a friend of my pops... and had a blast in it for the whole time i had my permit and 1st year of a liscense.

98GTPDriva

Reaction score
what was yours? what was the car that you sold that you never should have?

mine... '67 gto that i bought with 8th grade graduation money/bday present in pieces. put it together over a summer with a $600 '72 455 out of a grandville, and a iron case super t-10 trans that i got from a friend of my pops... and had a blast in it for the whole time i had my permit and 1st year of a liscense.
None... I still own my first car. I still plan on owning it for many years to come and I hope to have the G8 for a very long time as well.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've given away one rusty beater car and sold a sweet crx to a friend. Everything else I still have including my first car. I'll never sell it.

utryd2

Reaction score
Sold my 71 chevelle (ss clone) when I had my motorcycle accident had $33k bill after insurance.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
my 92 Cougar which was reliable as hell until it was stolen, then it fell apart. Or my 92 1500... then i wouldn't have had to sell my 00 WS6 :(

BillyBru

FoodHead
Reaction score
I've only had the Cavalier but my dad always talks about his black 69 charger that he LOVED. whenever we talk about the fastest youve gone or your favorite car the charger comes up hahah.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i dont have onee that i sold... that i miss too dearly- but moreover- i do have one that i didnt purchase. that will always make me sad.

was a lifted 4x4 school bus i saw out in wyoming. it was fricken awesome. big ol rockwell axles. it was too cool.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I sadly don't have any cool story's like Jeff, but I'd have to say my evo.

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
89 Camaro RS, only had a 305, but it had a posi rear end and glass pack exhaust. I'd probably have an LS1 swap in it by now if I still had it. Sadly I don't even have any pics of it.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
i do have one that i didnt purchase.
I got one of those too.

Guy at my work had a 78 TA he was trying to sell. I dont remember the engine/tranny combo, but I know it ran mid 12s. The exterior and interior looked like total crap though. Needed a lot of restoration. I didnt think I would ever want to do a resto to a 78 TA. Even though that is one of my favorites since that is the year of the Bandit.

He only wanted $4K for it, and I actually had that kind of money sitting around at the time. :fu: Id buy it in a heartbeat if I could do it again.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess out of the cars Ive owned and sold, there arnt any I'd say "got away" from me, but if I had to pick one it would probably be the wrx. I dont regret selling it, but I do still miss it from time to time. If I had it to do over again, I still wouldve sold it.

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
I had an 86' Camaro, but it was only a V6.

Also had a 91' T/A but it had a bad oil leak.

Do miss my Beretta but I do love my Grand Prix.

XxApollynxX

Reaction score
To many to pick/choose from if I had to pick i'd say my first 1997 Camaro Z28 30th Annv. Edition, in close 2nd place the 2002 Z28 I had.

PANDA

Reaction score

(Car leaving when I sold it)

I miss my TA, but finally sacked up and bought a "replacement". The TA is still local and is is good hands. :noes:

Z

Zenriddles

1969 Mach 1 w/428 and AC - California car.

Sold it to pay bills in 1994 and didn't get half what it was worth even then. Killing myself nowadays seeing what a rusty shell goes for, let alone a near perfect example.

If I'd just killed the wife and kids and kept the car, I might be out on parole already.....(just musing.....)

Primalzer

Reaction score
Either my 92 Jeep Cherokee Sport or my 95 Thunderbird. Both were dead nuts reliable, and I am back looking at XJ's again. I really miss my SVT Contour, but towards the end it started to act up and scare me a little.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
my 91 civic hatch, only had it for 2 weeks but it was a blast to drive and got 35+ mpg even when beating the fuck out of it

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
my 06' evo it wont let me put a pic up for some reason, but it was wicked white with an ams stage 3 kit excedy clutch and dyno tune 340awhp

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
My 88 Iroc. It had a 350 bored to 355 with all forged internals and 20,000 on the engine. Had drag shocks and a new paint job(wich wasn't the best). I put some drag lites on it that made it look even better. Ran 13.7 on motor and 12.66 on 150 shot spinning the tires.
The last month I had it I put a brand new trans and stall in it and also a brand new rear end. So I dropped almost $4,000 into it and ended up selling it for $4,000 because it was due for emissions(no cats or emissions equipment) and i was kinda low on money. The last I heard some kid split it in half.

Last

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom