The one that got away / missed opportunity

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
LOL... The G'hanns, good times.

I was first owner of my '98SS, traded it in cuz I kept hurting clutches. Anthony Manna is the 4th owner and he turned it into his race car a number of years ago, small world right:

12764327_10208801958514982_873161302114113706_o.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Almost bought a 2004 Crown Vic Police Interceptor with 112,000 miles for $3,000.

It was a police detectives car and still had the full, untouched interior. It had the hand operated light on the A-pillar, but that was it, if I recall.
It had been properly serviced all its life (with records to match) and it was cleeean. It looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.
I'm still kicking myself to this day. :confused:

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
be easier for me to tell you the car i regret buying than one i regret letting go or missing out on.

I wish i was a baller and could have held onto the viper, could have turned a nice profit on that car had i done so.

That being said all of my recent cars, ive missed from time to time, probably the z06 the most, was a great car. only one i dont miss at all, is the GT350, just didnt do anything for me. maybe why i only had it for 6 months.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
FirstWorldProblems N20GT might remember this one.

But our high school auto shop was one of the best in the state. Our teacher was absolutely amazing and had his connections everywhere...

Well he had a 94z28 that donated to the school. No Vin no title. Could of had a little tiny error coming off the line and they deleted the car and donated it to the school.

Anyway, nobody ever got to work on the car. We never did anything to the fucker... Nothing.. The odometer read like 7 miles and interior was fully wrapped and protected... I tried several times to buy the car. I believe the only defect was a missing interior door panel...

No. No.. The answer is no...

All high school. Begging to buy it...

No.

So fast forward to a WEEK before I'm closing on my house.

Haven't seen the teacher for about 5-6 years st this point.

He calls me....

Want to buy that Z28?

Mfffeeerrrrrr..

He said something like $2500:eek3:

I was absolutely broke and had to hold onto whatever I had to close on the house....

?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

But our high school auto shop was one of the best in the state. Our teacher was absolutely amazing and had his connections everywhere...

Well he had a 94z28 that donated to the school. No Vin no title. Could of had a little tiny error coming off the line and they deleted the car and donated it to the school.

Anyway, nobody ever got to work on the car. We never did anything to the fucker... Nothing.. The odometer read like 7 miles and interior was fully wrapped and protected... I tried several times to buy the car. I believe the only defect was a missing interior door panel...

No.

He calls me....

Want to buy that Z28?

Mfffeeerrrrrr..

I was absolutely broke and had to hold onto whatever I had to close on the house....

?
There were so many mint 90’s GM vehicles behind that shop.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton

No.

He calls me....

Want to buy that Z28?

Mfffeeerrrrrr..

?

No vin or title though, so kinda worthless? unless you planned to transplant everything

My auto tech class had a C5 vette with no miles along with a late 90s viper (blue with the white stripes). Both were (lightly) damaged in transit and donated to the school. No one ever got to touch those cars though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info