• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Drag to reposition cover

The Official Trump Presidency Thread - SCOTUS Gives Trump Immigration Win

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Well, for one...the quote button is found in the drop down next to the emoji button. Also, if you're not seeing clickable buttons in the editor, hit the cog at the end of the list of editing buttons.

I need to redo the editor anyway.

Edit: I take that back. My computer is defaulting to the smaller editor bar. Ugh. I'll get to fixing it now.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
In a major victory for both President Trump and national Republicans, North Carolina GOP state Sen. Dan Bishop was projected to win a fiercely contested special U.S. House election for the 9th District that was widely seen as a bellwether for the president's chances in the 2020 election.
And another Republican House candidate, Greg Murphy, decisively won a separate special election in North Carolina's more solidly GOP-leaning 3rd District earlier Tuesday evening -- frustrating Democrats who spent millions trying to make a splash in the state, only to come up short.
Even Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) Chairwoman Cheri Bustos acknowledged that the president contributed to Bishop's win, writing in a statement that "we fell an inch short tonight, but it took more than $6 million in outside Republican spending and a last-minute Trump rally" to seal Democratic candidate Dan McCready's fate in the 9th District.

The quote button showed up in the above post after I posted it. I clicked it and pasted here. Instead of quoting that post, it quoted what I had copied in my browser earlier.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Dude I dunno what the hell you're doing...I've been using the site as is for over a week and I have not had any problem remotely close to that.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
And if you would READ the FAQ, which I'm still guessing you havent...you would know that by default the site will save ANYTHING you put in the reply box. So if you start typing, then leave the page and that text will populate the next time you go to post. Its a draft feature that will be super useful for those that type long threads then accidentally click a link or something and lose their work.

If I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, my bad.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
In all honesty, I'm confused as to what youre trying to do / say...but I might just be burnt out.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ive quoted text and posted a link twice. It works fine.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I'm editing the toolbar so the quote button shows up and isnt in the dropdown...that was something I meant to fix prior the site going live.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, but you are signed in as ADMIN, right? It's definitely messed up for me. I logged off again and again, the log off window just stayed there. Closed the window, opened a new one and logged in. Now the Insert quotes button is back.

Both times when I went back to the site, I got an OOPS error page but I was able to use the buttons to go to What's new.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Being an admin doesnt give me magic rights to post different from you guys.

I'll try and address your points..

1. Being an admin does not make anything different when it comes to posting.
2. If you are getting an oops message you are likely logging in on an old link. Change your bookmark to thechicagogarage.com. That will fix your OOPS issue.
3. The log out issue is a bug I'm aware of.
4. I added the QUOTE button to the navbar as it was hidden in a drop down. It was something I meant to fix but forgot.
5. I have posted TWICE a link and a quote. I'll do it again in a follow up.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Being an admin doesnt give me magic rights to post different from you guys.

I'll try and address your points..

1. Being an admin does not make anything different when it comes to posting.
2. If you are getting an oops message you are likely logging in on an old link. Change your bookmark to thechicagogarage.com. That will fix your OOPS issue.
3. The log out issue is a bug I'm aware of.
4. I added the QUOTE button to the navbar as it was hidden in a drop down. It was something I meant to fix but forgot.
5. I have posted TWICE a link and a quote. I'll do it again in a follow up.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
That was an example of me quoting a post and adding a link right after.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This is an example of me first pressing the quote button, then typing text and then posting a link after. I used a return so the link is on its own line.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll change my link to the site tomorrow. As far as the rest, I can only tell you what happens to me. Maybe it will work for me tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll take a closer look and, maybe, read a little. 😄

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
The oops issue is for sure probably a link that points to /forum.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Both my tests look good to me. In fact, everything that has been posted so far looks good. I don't see any issues.
I really like the way it posts the preview of links. Nice.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Both my tests look good to me. In fact, everything that has been posted so far looks good. I don't see any issues.
I really like the way it posts the preview of links. Nice.
I agree, that's a really nice upgrade....

So far so good with the swap IMO!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Reaction score
Yeah this feels so....modern. I think being able to put the banners at the top of threads is slick AF.

Back on topic, Democrats lost both special elections that were supposed to be a bellwether for Trump. One was a blow out in his favor but the suburban one was about a 2% margin of victory where he'd had 12% before. I don't consider that the only factor tbh, especially since the Republican Candidate had to go through re-election due to allegations of voter tampering. At that point he's a damaged candidate. Will it mean anything? May as well try to figure out the election via palm reading IMO.

Also, remember 9/11. I heard some people did some things today. Seriously though, fuck those people who killed a bunch of innocent people going about their lives.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I see that when you post a tweet from someone it also shows who they were quoting..... I kinda like that but also worry it might clutter things up. We shall see how it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom