Drag to reposition cover

POL The Official Trump Presidency Thread - President Trump Acquitted! (Surprise?)

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

And another one bites the dust!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS, never mind, I forgot she's a liberal, nothing she says matters.
Her moron supporters don't care what she does or says as long as she hates PRESIDENT Trump now!!!

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Exactly, a label will never fit every one!!!
The only thing I use them for is if they are a liberal, I know 95% of their agenda is idiotic.
So it saves a lot of time from further study.

IIRC it has been shown more liberals will vote straight ticket than Conservatives, but I saw that 20+ years ago.
Plus it might have been a Chicago thing??

Also which group flip flops more?? not counting Bush Sr. :p

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
During a Q&A session at a forum with International Monetary Fund managing director Christine Lagarde, the former New York City mayor was asked about the future of job creation with the emergence of artificial intelligence.
In a lengthy answer, Bloomberg said encouraging the movement of money away from the wealthiest people would slow economic growth.
"I think income inequality is a very big problem. But the bigger problem is, you can take money from the rich and move it over to the poor. If you do it too much then the rich stop producing and everybody loses," the billionaire media executive said.
Bloomberg also said that increased taxes on the rich and raising the minimum wage were barriers to job growth. The Daily Beast first reported the comments.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
I very much agree with you.
i don't have a superiority complex, i just call out other people's bullshit and expect you to do the same for me. some of you are snowflakes and can't handle it though. flyn would rather listen to trump tell him lies all day than me tell him the truth once.

i will point to the recent exchange we have had where you posted something like it was a bad thing without a single citation of why it is actually bad. you and dave repeatedly made claims that no one would buy the insurance anyway, yet it's well documented that they had. in the face of this, nytebyte is stating that supposed illegals don't have insurance down the street (so what?) and flyn is asserting these "real people" matter more than the numbers of people that actually bought insurance, which it is claimed that none will. dave has just bounced for now.

there is no denying that illegals driving with insurance is better than illegals driving without it.
there is no denying that a barrier to insurance is having a driver's license.
there is no denying that in states where illegals are allowed a license, uninsured motorists has declined, because illegals have bought insurance.

now i don't have a superiority complex but i will happily call a spade - and at some point you guys are venturing from being naive or ignorant to just being outright stupid.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
DOJ is saying no charges against mccabe. As said I don't mind people going to jail but why the two tiered justice system? After what happened to Roger Stone this is ridiculous.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
i don't have a superiority complex, i just call out other people's bullshit and expect you to do the same for me. some of you are snowflakes and can't handle it though. flyn would rather listen to trump tell him lies all day than me tell him the truth once.

i will point to the recent exchange we have had where you posted something like it was a bad thing without a single citation of why it is actually bad. you and dave repeatedly made claims that no one would buy the insurance anyway, yet it's well documented that they had. in the face of this, nytebyte is stating that supposed illegals don't have insurance down the street (so what?) and flyn is asserting these "real people" matter more than the numbers of people that actually bought insurance, which it is claimed that none will. dave has just bounced for now.

there is no denying that illegals driving with insurance is better than illegals driving without it.
there is no denying that in states where illegals are allowed a license, uninsured motorists has declined, because illegals have bought insurance.

now i don't have a superiority complex but i will happily call a spade - and at some point you guys are venturing from being naive or ignorant to just being outright stupid.
I just don't have the energy to argue with someone that will deface anything I say.

Not a snowflake. I'd rather discuss in person and not try to type out an argument to justify my opinion.

At the end of the day, your point has value - I'd rather have them insured than not insured. Still doesn't change the fact that they are still allowed to remain here and benefit from various things.

The Pros
People who favor granting driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants often cite the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which holds that states must provide equal protection to all people who live in their jurisdictions – not just citizens. Many people feel that by offering licenses to these people that it will make roads safer. This way, immigrants can properly learn traffic safety laws and be required to take a written test and a behind-the-wheel test like citizens do. Other proponents of the law say that offering licenses will improve national security and help the economy.

The Cons
People who oppose offering licenses to illegal immigrants say that such an act would provide legal status to individuals who have knowingly broken U.S. laws. Immigration laws are thereby undermined and more power is then given to illegal immigrants holding licenses. People on this side of the debate say that providing licenses to immigrants will not make the roads safer and that it is actually a national security threat. Finally, providing millions of additional licenses could increase governmental and administrative costs associated with teaching, documenting and licensing these new drivers.

There are advantages and disadvantages to illegals having drivers licenses.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
I just don't have the energy to argue with someone that will deface anything I say.

Not a snowflake. I'd rather discuss in person and not try to type out an argument to justify my opinion.

At the end of the day, your point has value - I'd rather have them insured than not insured. Still doesn't change the fact that they are still allowed to remain here and benefit from various things.

The Pros
People who favor granting driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants often cite the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which holds that states must provide equal protection to all people who live in their jurisdictions – not just citizens. Many people feel that by offering licenses to these people that it will make roads safer. This way, immigrants can properly learn traffic safety laws and be required to take a written test and a behind-the-wheel test like citizens do. Other proponents of the law say that offering licenses will improve national security and help the economy.

The Cons
People who oppose offering licenses to illegal immigrants say that such an act would provide legal status to individuals who have knowingly broken U.S. laws. Immigration laws are thereby undermined and more power is then given to illegal immigrants holding licenses. People on this side of the debate say that providing licenses to immigrants will not make the roads safer and that it is actually a national security threat. Finally, providing millions of additional licenses could increase governmental and administrative costs associated with teaching, documenting and licensing these new drivers.

There are advantages and disadvantages to illegals having drivers licenses.
i don't try and deface anything anyone says. and in the face of evidence proving my point, you still have people like flyn refuting what i've stated. doesn't matter if 75% of these guys got insurance in utah - nytebyte is pretty sure the guys down the street are illegal and don't have insurance. what?? who cares, that changes nothing.

Still doesn't change the fact that they are still allowed to remain here and benefit from various things.
which is a completely separate topic really. also some of those cons above are silly, like the government cost for example, in most (every?) state you see this argued for as also a revenue generator for the state. also "People on this side of the debate say that providing licenses to immigrants will not make the roads safer" - who cares what people say? aside from the basic insurance coverage, it's actually one of the reasons attributed to safer roads in some areas. https://www.necir.org/2019/04/17/licenses-for-undocumented-immigrants-seem-to-show-benefits-in-connecticut/

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I was always under the impression you have very little rights while you are committing a crime.

Like you do have the right not to be shot if you follow commands,
but you do not have the right to keep the bag of money you just stole!!

Like you do have the right not to be shot if you walk into a government owned hospital,
but you do not have the right to come & go to a public school, welfare office, DMV
etc etc and receive services that you have not contributed to, have not earned and definitely don't deserve!!!

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
i don't try and deface anything anyone says. and in the face of evidence proving my point, you still have people like flyn refuting what i've stated. doesn't matter if 75% of these guys got insurance in utah - nytebyte is pretty sure the guys down the street are illegal and don't have insurance. what?? who cares, that changes nothing.

which is a completely separate topic really. also some of those cons above are silly, like the government cost for example, in most (every?) state you see this argued for as also a revenue generator for the state. also "People on this side of the debate say that providing licenses to immigrants will not make the roads safer" - who cares what people say? aside from the basic insurance coverage, it's actually one of the reasons attributed to safer roads in some areas. https://www.necir.org/2019/04/17/licenses-for-undocumented-immigrants-seem-to-show-benefits-in-connecticut/
Cannot speak on either of those guys.

Yes, they may come off silly, but there is a cost associated with training people at any DMV. They are government/state employees after all.

Agreed to an extent. Roads "may" be safer, which even without definitive odds, they are better odds than zero.

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you guys ever wanted proof that our government is out for itself, rather than us, not charging McCabe is it.

A regular guy, Oliver Stone, can be thrown in jail for lying to the government. A senior executive walks free and isn't even charged even though his lies are caught on camera.

Very disappointing.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
Cannot speak on either of those guys.

Yes, they may come off silly, but there is a cost associated with training people at any DMV. They are government/state employees after all.

Agreed to an extent. Roads "may" be safer, which even without definitive odds, they are better odds than zero.
fyi on the 'national security' aspect i think there is a belief we give people ids without knowing who they are, but if you look at NY, requirements:

Here is what can be accepted:
  • An unexpired passport issued by the applicant's country of citizenship.
  • An unexpired identification document issued by a consulate from the applicant's country of citizenship.
  • A valid foreign driver's license that includes a photo of the applicant and is either unexpired or expired within the prior two years.

there's calculations i found earlier in a few docs (not finding now/being lazy) but in terms of revenue:

And, said the NYCLU, licensing drivers can prove a boon to the economy statewide, with the Fiscal Policy institute estimating that the move could mean a $57 million annual revenue infusion and $27 million in one-time revenue.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
If you guys ever wanted proof that our government is out for itself, rather than us, not charging McCabe is it.

A regular guy, Oliver Stone, can be thrown in jail for lying to the government. A senior executive walks free and isn't even charged even though his lies are caught on camera.

Very disappointing.
I predicted this would happen. NONE of them will ever face justice.
It's sick.

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
'mint, You are taking for granted the idea that illegal aliens should not be deported. None of your arguments matter if the illegal aliens are caught, brought up before a judge and deported. They can get driver's licenses in their home countries after they get back.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
TBH Stone was a scumbag in his own right and yeah he probably should have been put in jail. It should have probably even happened a long time ago.

That's not my issue. My issue is that these Obamaites and the people who set up Hillary's clandestine email server/helped her cover it up got immunity and didn't have to give anything in return. Not one of those people was leaned on the way that Manafort, Flynn, Stone etc. were to get information out of them. I think that as much as people think the Clintons are has-beens there's a lot more clout they hold deep in the government than one would think.

Flynn is who I actually feel bad for overall. What he did could be viewed as a mis-step and he had a distinguished career. It could even be viewed as mccabe railroading him as part of a personal vendetta.

Dave M

Reaction score

I didn't "bounce" anywhere, it's called working. But in any case, I have nothing more to say on this subject other than what I previously stated and stand by.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
'mint, You are taking for granted the idea that illegal aliens should not be deported. None of your arguments matter if the illegal aliens are caught, brought up before a judge and deported. They can get driver's licenses in their home countries after they get back.
i'm not taking anything for granted. your fantasy is neither politically nor economically acceptable. violent illegals we should do this with. a huge amount have been here for years, are well integrated into the economy, and non-violent. they will be granted some form of amnesty and you should get used to it. it's a complete fantasy that these people will be deported in bulk, just like democrats live in a complete fantasy that they'll be able to uninvent guns via legislation.

meanwhile we have a real world problem today, that is completely separate from any amnesty or deportation, that is resolved with realistically nothing but advantages. it would be foolish not to do it, and the only reasons offered in here as to why not to do it have been demonstrably false and generally amount to: you just don't like the idea.

fyi both the illegals we stopped on my ride along had (mexican) driver's licenses. also note the NY article i just posted about licensure requiring some kind of documentation.

I didn't "bounce" anywhere, it's called working. But in any case, I have nothing more to say on this subject other than what I previously stated and stand by.
of course you don't. you demand proof, and i said you'd call me a delusional moron if i walked you into an insurer's corporate headquarters and straight up showed you the policies of illegals. what i was able to find were states with 100s of thousands more insured drivers, major drops in uninsured motorists, major improvements in at fault parties having their insurance pay for problems, and utah with a 75% coverage rate for people with their undocumented driver privilege cards.

you guys assert things based on weak anecdote or absolutely nothing and ridicule me for daring to challenge you or supporting things with real information, and in the wake of being proven completely wrong, you have nothing whatsoever to say other than you're still right - illegals don't buy insurance. i thought it was liberals that have the mental disorder? i thought it was sickmint79 that can't stand being wrong? when i am flat out wrong on things i fully admit it. meanwhile you are sitting here shrugging all this off. you demanded proof and as i noted earlier, no burden would be enough anyway. i mean i didn't really think that would be the case - but look here we are. in the face of undeniable facts you and nytebyte can keep on claiming illegals don't buy insurance and we are better off not allowing them to have some kind of drivers license. in your bizzaro world. back in reality the program is being replicated because it is undeniably successful.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
The Trump administration is sending officers from a special operations unit of the Border Patrol to assist in raids by Immigration Customs and Enforcement in so-called sanctuary cities.
The officers from BORTAC, the Border Patrol’s version of a SWAT unit, will deploy to New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and various other cities whose local governments forbid law enforcement from working with federal immigration officials, the New York Times reported on Friday. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Lawrence Payne confirmed the initiative.
BORTAC officers will be deployed “in order to enhance the integrity of the immigration system, protect public safety, and strengthen our national security,” Payne said.

Dave M

Reaction score
you and dave repeatedly made claims that no one would buy the insurance anyway, yet it's well documented that they had.
Lmao, you literally said that it's all well documented, and call me out for saying "show me". Fuck, I'm kicking myself in the ass for engaging with you once again.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
Lmao, you literally said that it's all well documented, and call me out for saying "show me". Fuck, I'm kicking myself in the ass for engaging with you once again.
because your position was indefensible to start. in the wake of showing you something you claimed never happens, actually happens all the time, your only response is "um i stand by everything i stated" - you should be kicking your ass for being unable to learn anything apparently. grabber is reasonable, you are just spouting utter nonsense at this point.

Not worth your time.
mr roboto is also full of shit.

he had so much red mist in his eyes talking about guns, he was claiming gun owning libertarian me wanted to ban them over suicides one day, in some brain fart of nonsense himself. i don't recall the exact context but he was also making up bullshit about things he refused to even read. the other things that stick out in my memory are him claiming i flip flop on immigration, despite their literally being now 10+ years of me saying the exact same things year after year on immigration on this exact board. he also was recently claiming how a poll had a flawed methodology in which i pointed out he didn't even properly understand the terms that he was using.

this board is full of snowflakes who can't handle things that they want to believe being challenged or who are asked to back up their claims beyond anecdote and gut feels.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i'd also point out there are now 4 pages going from 1150 to here in which you are saying now demonstrably false things one after another, with a peanut gallery of groupthink tcg bros who just like to hear things that they believe are true, and you still of course haven't changed your position. between your comments and your peanut gallery the only person who has commented who appears to have evolved any understanding with the way the world actually is and the issue is grabber.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom