❄️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My fiance and I shoveled for the old widow next door since she always seemed so sweet. When she got home she got mad because because she couldn't pay her grandson to do it. No appreciation at all. She now has a foot of snow in her driveway. I haven't seen anybody visit in almost month. ?‍♂️ There is no class where I live and any class you try to bring just makes you an asshole. Oh well.

Wow, no good deed goes unpunished :LOL:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I think you are kind of being petty. If he did the work, then why care? I’ll bet it would come back to you some day if you wouldn’t have said anything. And if it didn’t, whatever. Not the guy thinks you’re an asshole. My neighbors don’t think I’m an asshole, I have them fooled ?. Well maybe the Princess that lives down the street knows I am

I actually wouldn’t let any of my neighbors borrow my snowblower, but if they asked I would just do their drive. I did 4 neighbors places yesterday. I was out doing mine, dressed warm, so I just kept going.
Petty huh, what if I told you his neighbor is a fucking registered sex offender, is that still petty? That’s even besides the point, you don’t ask to borrow something then take it and abuse it like a $10 whore. I don’t mind helping neighbors that I get along with, hence the reason I let him use it in the first place. But as others have already said, what if he broke it, if he doesn’t offer me gas, u think he is going to offer to fix it? Absolutely not, that’s on my dime and time. Also had he asked, do you mind if I do so and so driveway as well, if it wasn’t the weirdo I’d more than likely say go for it. Don’t just assume it’s okay, that’s fucking ignorant.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Part of me feels bad because I know she can't do it herself and her Malibu is clearly not leaving the garage. However, I don't have a snow blower and her sidewalk is massive. I'm not doing it again if she's gonna act like that. It sounds like she doesn't want it anyway.

She can pay her grandson. She should have been all smiles when u did her driveway and walkway. Her reaction was un called for.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ours isn't too bad actually. Back in the fall when a drunk driver took out a power pole across the street, that's where I found out what happened. :D

Although there have been two pretty epic threads. 1) about cagey people coming soliciting late at night, which turned to guns... and 2) about people burning their leaves in fall and bothering neighbors with potential respitory issues.

Reactions: v6buicks

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I’ve been taking care of my elderly neighbors driveway next door. He’s got a snowblower and always tells me to use his lol as it’s a newer Toro, but mine works just fine. He will always text me afterwards and tell me thank you, which is the way it should be. On Monday I went over to ring his doorbell to show him our new puppy and he asked if I wanted a beer at 9am lol.

I have no issues helping out my neighbors as long as they are decent to my family.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Exactly, and I do my neighbor lady across the street all the time. She has gotta be in her late 60's and takes care of her 90yr old Mother in the city every day. She offers me money all the time, never have taken a dime from her.

You sound like a good neighbor. I can understand how it pisses you off when people don’t return the favor. I had another neighbor that would always ask for tools as he knew I was a car guy. He had an issue with his SUV and asked for jumpers. He couldn’t get it started even with jumpers and asked me to come by. He had the cables mixed up (positive to negative) and almost fried my jumpers They were scorching hot when I jumped in to fix the connection. A week later he came back and asked if I had a jack that he could borrow. I told him my aluminum jack just broke. I wasn’t going to make the same mistake twice.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I’ve been taking care of my elderly neighbors driveway next door. He’s got a snowblower and always tells me to use his lol as it’s a newer Toro, but mine works just fine. He will always text me afterwards and tell me thank you, which is the way it should be. On Monday I went over to ring his doorbell to show him our new puppy and he asked if I wanted a beer at 9am lol.

I have no issues helping out my neighbors as long as they are decent to my family.

U get a pit bull puppy ?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
You sound like a good neighbor. I can understand how it pisses you off when people don’t return the favor. I had another neighbor that would always ask for tools as he knew I was a car guy. He had an issue with his SUV and asked for jumpers. He couldn’t get it started even with jumpers and asked me to come by. He had the cables mixed up (positive to negative) and almost fried my jumpers They were scorching hot when I jumped in to fix the connection. A week later he came back and asked if I had a jack that he could borrow. I told him my aluminum jack just broke. I wasn’t going to make the same mistake twice.

You are being petty

giphy.gif

Hey dun4791 dun4791 on the next snow do you mind swinging out to snowblow my driveway? Also I need help mowing my grass when it gets warm out and I would like to take your vette out for some rips too. Please make sure it is filled up as I don't want to run out of gas.

If you lived next door to me I would.

but ok I see what you guys are saying.

Reactions: greasy

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
My neighbors have collectively decided my standard fee is a 30rack of Latte's on my doorstep.

Need me to get your lawn tractor unstuck in drainage ditch? Latte's.
Snowblower broke and ask me to make a few passes with the ATV plow? Latte's.
Jumped your truck? Latte's.

Got offered money a few times and wouldn't take it so now beers appear like magic.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
My neighbor has a small blower and he will cover me when I am out of town from time to time so I try hard to get over there and do it before he gets to his. This year his blower is broken and he can't get it fixed so I have been able to repay the favor a few times.

Neighbor at the end of the block couldn't say thank you enough, has a blower but its a baby toro and he knew he wouldn't be able to get through it.

My next door neighbor is another matter. I did his at 10 pm Monday night and his garage was open so I text him to tell him. No reply. The next morning I hit his driveway again.... Still no reply. I guess that means I shouldn't do it anymore?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My neighbor has a small blower and he will cover me when I am out of town from time to time so I try hard to get over there and do it before he gets to his. This year his blower is broken and he can't get it fixed so I have been able to repay the favor a few times.

Neighbor at the end of the block couldn't say thank you enough, has a blower but its a baby toro and he knew he wouldn't be able to get through it.

My next door neighbor is another matter. I did his at 10 pm Monday night and his garage was open so I text him to tell him. No reply. The next morning I hit his driveway again.... Still no reply. I guess that means I shouldn't do it anymore?

Not only should you not do it, but you should angle the shoot to throw all of your snow onto his driveway, and then have a gun fight about it. :s00ls:

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

Kudos to u sir at 10pm it is windy and very cold I don’t think I can be that nice especially if I just got off of work. I wanted to do my driveway on Monday night at 8 pm, but to do respect to all the houses around I didn’t want to start my snow blower that late.

Thread Info