đź’¬ OT âť„️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The craziest part of these storms is we’re not getting any melt in between. I’m running out of room to put snow at about half of my accounts.

I got a call yesterday for a driveway down the road. Previous plow guy has just been angling the plow and ripping the 700’ driveway up and down. NBD, I’d do the same. Well, it’s created 2’ piles on each side, that, paired with open field and blowing snow created a solid 20” of snow covering the entire driveway.

I pushed about 15’ of it to see if I could do it, having to essentially widen it all out for room to put the new snow, making a big ass pile in the middle of the drive and then smashing it off to the sides

Called them said I could do it for $250

They countered with $75, saying they can’t afford it. Told them I couldn’t afford to beat the shit out of my truck for charity. They got pissy.

Last I heard some other guy said he could do it for $75, got there at 6:30 PM and around 9:00 was still there after getting stuck twice and breaking his plow.

View attachment 81500

View attachment 81501
Sounds like you made the right call.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I attempted going to Des Moines, IA for work yesterday. Peace RD to I88 was hit or miss pretty bad.
Once I got onto I88 it was tolerable. Some parts were dry, others only had one lane partially clears. Once I crossed the Mississippi River and jumped on I80, that's when the shit hit the fan. I80 was all iced over real bad. Cars sliding into ditches, semis going sideways. I made to the Iowa 80 Truck Stop and State Police shut it all down. I ended up turning around and heading home. My job is not worth risking my life for. I mean I'm an idiot for even attempting it honestly. When I turned around I got about 3 miles and the SUV in front of me lost it, hit the catch wires in the median and flipped over. Lucky for him, cops were already there assisting the 9 other cars off the road in that one spot. I don't get too flustered or nervous driving, but this, this I think was the worst I've ever felt driving. Shit had me so nervous and tensed up.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I attempted going to Des Moines, IA for work yesterday. Peace RD to I88 was hit or miss pretty bad.
Once I got onto I88 it was tolerable. Some parts were dry, others only had one lane partially clears. Once I crossed the Mississippi River and jumped on I80, that's when the shit hit the fan. I80 was all iced over real bad. Cars sliding into ditches, semis going sideways. I made to the Iowa 80 Truck Stop and State Police shut it all down. I ended up turning around and heading home. My job is not worth risking my life for. I mean I'm an idiot for even attempting it honestly. When I turned around I got about 3 miles and the SUV in front of me lost it, hit the catch wires in the median and flipped over. Lucky for him, cops were already there assisting the 9 other cars off the road in that one spot. I don't get too flustered or nervous driving, but this, this I think was the worst I've ever felt driving. Shit had me so nervous and tensed up.

Yeah I had a work trip planned to Michigan and was supposed to leave yesterday afternoon. I ended up canceling it and glad I did. While certain areas around here look good, it is impossible for the state/cities have every area cleaned up. Best to be on the safe side.

Reactions: SirMarco

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Sounds like you made the right call.

I could’ve had it done in about an hour without tearing up the truck.

I just won’t work for free, the lady couldn’t get out, her car was 100% stranded and she had to get somewhere. I knew that someone else would try and as shitty as it sounds I hope that guy learns to never take cheap work again.

If she would’ve called early AM and I would’ve seen it I would’ve done it for $100 and just gone 2-3 times since I could literally drive in and drive out at that point. But that was about 3” or a freeze away from being a skid steer job.

Reactions: FESTER665

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, same here, running out of places to put it. Generally when winter starts and my first plowing, I push shit back far enough to facilitate having to continue to push it there for a couple months. Here is my pile at the other house. It's halfway down the yard at that height.

20210216_211237.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

I80’s a madhouse. I came back from Colorado Springs in January a few years back and got stuck in a gnarly storm. I was towing an empty enclosed car trailer which was essentially just a big sail at that point. With the 50+ MPH winds I would come out from under an overpass and the wind would catch the trailer and push it into the lane next to me.

27 straight hours behind the wheel since I was in the front 1/3 of the storm and it was way worse behind me, so I had to keep moving or risk getting shut down. Couple cars lost it around me, semi overturned... it was bad.

Yaj Yak Yaj Yak this is the one we were talking about yesteday

Reactions: SirMarco

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Yea, same here, running out of places to put it. Generally when winter starts and my first plowing, I push shit back far enough to facilitate having to continue to push it there for a couple months. Here is my pile at the other house. It's halfway down the yard at that height.

View attachment 81503

I do the same. Our driveway back to the barns is about 10’ wide, GF was wondering why I damn near doubled its width once it froze up. Well, it’s about 9’ wide now lol.

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Swimming weather

So a few weeks ago when we got dumped on. One of my neighbors across the street who I'm super cool with. Texted me asking if he could use my snow blower. Told him, no problem, come get it. So he did his sidewalk and driveway, then proceeded to do his neighbors sidewalk and driveway as well. I wasnt cool with that as I dont like his asshole neighbor and dont use my gas, wear and tear on my machine for brownie points. Last week when it snowed, I didnt even touch the snow as it was too damn cold out, so I said fuck that. Noticed he didnt either. Yesterday, when he got home from work he seen me snow blowing and comes and asks to use it again. So I let him use it and he did the same shit. When he brought it back, I told his ass. If we get more snow this year, I'll let you borrow it but its not for your neighbors house as well, do your shit and bring the MFer back. Then told him, next year he better buy one as its off limits next year. He looked at me like I was being an asshole.

Its one thing if we get fucking hammered with snow and you really need help. He isnt poor and he isnt in poor shape. He is 10yrs younger than me, works out and plays semi-pro tackle football. So imo, your being fucking lazy and cheap. I dont give a fuck about the gas in my machine. But if I were to use someone shit, I would at the very least offer them a few bucks for gas or a case of beer. He hasnt even did that, and I filled it up with gas right in front of him yesterday....smfh.

Asshole lol

Reactions: Shawn1112

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
No and hasnt even offered. Thats one of my biggest gripes besides him using my machine on his neighbors property . I wouldnt even take the money, but at least offer it to me.

My neighbor is fighting cancer and going thru kemo, maybe 2-3 weeks ago on a Sunday we got some heavy snow I finished my driveway and walkway and I ran out 50:1 mix as I was starting on his driveway just to be nice. I told him I ran out of gas so he jumped in his car and went and brought me some and I finished his driveway. Thanks that’s the way it should be

What confuses me is the guy is a lawyer with a big house with professionally finished basement yada yada, but won’t splurge on a snow blower for a few hundred. Really come on stop being cheap!!!!

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The kicker is he has a 17 year old boy who is a soccer player and healthy. I thought about it and that’s the last time I helped cleaning there driveway. Either guy buy a snowblower or get your LAZY FUCKING teenager out there!

It’s too fucking cold and windy I’m done helping.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My neighbor is fighting cancer and going thru kemo, maybe 2-3 weeks ago on a Sunday we got some heavy snow I finished my driveway and walkway and I ran out 50:1 mix as I was starting on his driveway just to be nice. I told him I ran out of gas so he jumped in his car and went and brought me some and I finished his driveway. Thanks that’s the way it should be

What confuses me is the guy is a lawyer with a big house with professionally finished basement yada yada, but won’t splurge on a snow blower for a few hundred. Really come on stop being cheap!!!!

I knew you were rich!!!! Living next to.......

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Exactly, and I do my neighbor lady across the street all the time. She has gotta be in her late 60's and takes care of her 90yr old Mother in the city every day. She offers me money all the time, never have taken a dime from her.

People like that I have no problem helping ever. I used to plow my dads driveway and the old lady next door with a plow truck. Kudos to u Shawn and like U I never took a dollar from her.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The kicker is he has a 17 year old boy who is a soccer player and healthy. I thought about it and that’s the last time I helped cleaning there driveway. Either guy buy a snowblower or get your LAZY FUCKING teenager out there!

It’s too fucking cold and windy I’m done helping.

That's my neighbor too. 3 teenagers in the house, yet the mom, or he is out there busting their asses removing snow. Same thing in summer with the grass. The kids are sitting inside playing fortnight or something else while the father is out sweating and busting his ass. I've mentioned it a couple times, asking him why his son isn't out there.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
My neighbor to my left I can’t believe her son is so fucking lazy another 17 year old teenager who watches his mom shovel the snow by hand and he is inside while his mom shovels and clears the snow off his car. Like really WTF I refuse to help her also I’m out there in my snow blower and go upto the end of my sidewalk and just wave as I do my driveway and sidewalk.

I refuse to help when they have teenagers who are healthy. The step dad should lay the law down when he is out of town u get your ass up and clean the snow not your mom!

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
That's my neighbor too. 3 teenagers in the house, yet the mom, or he is out there busting their asses removing snow. Same thing in summer with the grass. The kids are sitting inside playing fortnight or something else while the father is out sweating and busting his ass. I've mentioned it a couple times, asking him why his son isn't out there.

Bro I’ve even seen the mom wash the sons car in the summer while he is inside watching tv or sleeping like really?? Lazy fucks

No and hasnt even offered. Thats one of my biggest gripes besides him using my machine on his neighbors property . I wouldnt even take the money, but at least offer it to me.

I think you are kind of being petty. If he did the work, then why care? I’ll bet it would come back to you some day if you wouldn’t have said anything. And if it didn’t, whatever. Not the guy thinks you’re an asshole. My neighbors don’t think I’m an asshole, I have them fooled ?. Well maybe the Princess that lives down the street knows I am

I actually wouldn’t let any of my neighbors borrow my snowblower, but if they asked I would just do their drive. I did 4 neighbors places yesterday. I was out doing mine, dressed warm, so I just kept going.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I think you are kind of being petty. If he did the work, then why care? I’ll bet it would come back to you some day if you wouldn’t have said anything. And if it didn’t, whatever. Not the guy thinks you’re an asshole. My neighbors don’t think I’m an asshole, I have them fooled [emoji23]. Well maybe the Princess that lives down the street knows I am

I actually wouldn’t let any of my neighbors borrow my snowblower, but if they asked I would just do their drive. I did 4 neighbors places yesterday. I was out doing mine, dressed warm, so I just kept going.

That’s not petty if the snow blower breaks I’m sure non of those neighbors would offer to repair it. Plus I’m sure Shawn has a reason why he don’t like the neighbor. Takes a lot of balls if u ask me to borrow someone’s blower and not put gas in it.

Thread Info