đź’¬ OT âť„️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Look at 1980-2000, then 2000-2020. Gaining speed

Capture+_2021-01-27-10-55-09.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I just remember growing up that once the end of October arrived you knew it was going to be cold and miserable till April.

Xmas 2019 here was what, like 50°+? November 2016 I was walking around Starved Rock in shorts and a t-shirt since it was over 70° out.

I'm okay with it being warmer later into the year, but I don't want that cold shit lasting longer into the next year. No more snow in April and May thank you.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I just remember growing up that once the end of October arrived you knew it was going to be cold and miserable till April.

Xmas 2019 here was what, like 50°+? November 2016 I was walking around Starved Rock in shorts and a t-shirt since it was over 70° out.

I'm okay with it being warmer later into the year, but I don't want that cold shit lasting longer into the next year. No more snow in April and May thank you.

yeah i mean, i remember being at my sister's soccer games when i was little... and it snowing in early october :rofl:

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
yeah i mean, i remember being at my sister's soccer games when i was little... and it snowing in early october :rofl:
I remember not liking Halloween cause it'd usually be like 40° and rainy/snowy, and I'd hate walking around through that. We learned to get ourselves into apartment complexes (like the two 20 story ones in Wheaton) and trick-or-treat there. Inside, warm, less walking.. massive return on little investment.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I remember not liking Halloween cause it'd usually be like 40° and rainy/snowy, and I'd hate walking around through that. We learned to get ourselves into apartment complexes (like the two 20 story ones in Wheaton) and trick-or-treat there. Inside, warm, less walking.. massive return on little investment.

I remember being a ninja for Halloween in first or second grade. I refused to sacrifice the integrity of the costume so my dad took me around the neighborhood in just long Johns and this super thin ninja costume when it was bitter cold and snowing :rofl:

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Heavy wet snow likely along with easterly winds gusting up to 35 mph. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 9 inches and locally higher possible.
* WHERE...McHenry, Lake IL, DuPage, Northern Cook and Central Cook Counties.
* WHEN...From Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, with the most significant impacts Saturday evening through early Sunday when much of the snow is forecast to occur.

View attachment 80180

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: DEEZUZ and greasy

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
from work:
Currently the National Weather Service has already issued a Winter Storm Watch that will begin tomorrow at 3:00 pm and extends thru 6:00 pm Sunday. We expect this watch to be converted to a Warning as the storm draws closer.

The Winter Storm Watch is predicting snow to be in the range of 6-10” with potential for locally heavier amounts where dense bands of snow could set up. Some areas could experience snowfall rates at 1” per hour.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have yet to look at the data to see how it’s going to go. From the looks of it they’re calling for precipitation over a period of about 36 hours, so should get a few inches.

They’re still trying to model where the freeze line is going to be so they can try to predict accumulation amounts.

Thread Info