đź’¬ OT âť„️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
you sound way cooler saying HAM radio too. definitely.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I usually say VHF since that’s the band it’s in. You can pick up the weather broadcasts on a cheap $50 scanner that has a pre-programmed “WX” button.

I used to use 162.550 all the time since the transmitter was in Romeoville. But they changed the .550 to the marine forecast. Forgot what the terrestrial freq for this area is now, like .475?
It is 162.4 by me at least

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
13.5 inches later it looks like it's done snowing.
I did a quick pass with the tractor before I left for work at 0445, wife used the snowblower to get 80% of ours then I finished polishing ours up and did our neighbors after work. Took about an hour.
The tractor just has a loader on the front. An actual snow blade would have gotten that done in 15 minutes easily. I need one.

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
We got like an inch of snow out here but boy did it fuck the roads.

Was coming home going north on I-25 when I noticed headlights pointed towards me. Look left and see an Explorer headed my way from the southbound side. Thankfully the wire divider caught him and all the debris stayed in the median but that shit looked nasty.

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the "shifting seasons" is starting to look a lot more real year by year. :unsure:

Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat loves this.

not to mention... when we were little all the storms moved dead nuts west to east... now. everything comes from the south or north. with an easterly direction ish

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, seems like the "seasons" are pushed back by about 45 days. The seasons are defined by arbitrary dates that they come up with like centuries ago anyways.

Shit, if the Mayans were correct we'd have been wiped off the earth over eight years ago. We're all on borrowed time now.

giphy.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat loves this.

not to mention... when we were little all the storms moved dead nuts west to east... now. everything comes from the south or north. with an easterly direction ish
Correct. Magnetic pole is shifting which is shifting the jet streams, mixed with the weakened magnetic field and melting ice caps (which causes an ice age)...and we can expect a cold future.

If a big volcano goes off, which we are over due for, it will accelerate the ice age.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah, seems like the "seasons" are pushed back by about 45 days. The seasons are defined by arbitrary dates that they come up with like centuries ago anyways.

Shit, if the Mayans were correct we'd have been wiped off the earth over eight years ago. We're all on borrowed time now.

giphy.gif

i mean... like... they (used to at least) correspond to the earth's axis... and position... of course.

Thread Info