❄️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, speaking of salt layed down from that massive storm that dumpt on us... Over at the other house this morning, and grabbed this off the cam (yes, the date is off, when I replaced the batteries this past weekend, I thought I got it all, but looks like I didn't get the month right)...

F9AF076808C8_20220213_2038-917630d1[1].jpg

And the aftermath (mind you some of this has been crushed down from traffic through the alley;
20230315_085902[1].jpg

20230315_085904[1].jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Quite a few times over the years. If you look closely to the pic with the G8 today, it was hit/nudged this past weekend and I didn't notice then (had to have been when the batteries on the camera were dead, because I don't have any culprits). I had to restack them this morning.

The problem is 1) People fly down the alley no fucks given and 2) they think my driveway is actually the alley. It's not.

My cars have been nearly hit about 20x with one being hit once. I myself have almost been hit while out there working on something and neighbors next to us won't come in from the west side of the alley because they've almost been hit multiple times. When the neighbor behind me put the "Berlin Wall" as it's been called, you can't see, so many of us have petitioned the city to either put up a mirror on that power pole right there, which they won't because that's ComEd's property, or have the neighbor modify the fence so that you can see down the other direction of the alley. Even neighbors walking through the alley will walk in the driveway, to get behind that wall for some level of protection from people flying down the alley.

So that's why I put that up. Damage some cinder blocks before damaging a car or person. They're less than $5 each at Menards.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'm debating on taking down the silt fence I put up to protect my landscaping from salt on the side of my property that's along a main street. I have a feeling as soon as I take it down, there will be a half inch of snow in the forecast and the trucks will be out dumping the last remaining salt supply. I don't want to jynx it.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I gave up trying to cultivate the grass on my parkway. Being on a cul-de-sac the plow drivers have to pile up the snow on the parkways. When the snow melts the salt residue stays, and just kills the grass, and any hope of growing any for the rest of the season. Everyone on this block's parkway looks the same, trashed, and mostly barren.

One year I got motivated. I removed the lop layer of soil, roto-tilled it, mixed in fresh soil and compost, then re-soded it. Looked okay until winter, and the salt killed it all.

Thread Info