đź’¬ OT âť„️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Ohh yeah he mad.

Mad The Rock GIF

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They should be held accountable for the mass hysteria they created;

- Our school cancelled for today because of the impending doom. I just looked outside. It's dry and windy...
- Our auditors at work left yesterday afternoon to travel back to whereever they are from because of this.
- Two of our remote workers (one from Cleveland and one from Detroit), also left yesterday because of this impending doom.

Right now, the kids could've gone to school with no issues. The auditors and two employees could've stayed because it's nicer here than where they're going.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
They should be held accountable for the mass hysteria they created;

- Our school cancelled for today because of the impending doom. I just looked outside. It's dry and windy...
- Our auditors at work left yesterday afternoon to travel back to whereever they are from because of this.
- Two of our remote workers (one from Cleveland and one from Detroit), also left yesterday because of this impending doom.

Right now, the kids could've gone to school with no issues. The auditors and two employees could've stayed because it's nicer here than where they're going.

wait hold up your school canceled :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I know the whole "BACK IN MY DAYYYYYYYY" but I vivdly remember one day walking to middle school in like a foot and a half of snow, with white out conditions, because my mom watched the TV and no school closures were mentioned. I got to school and the fucking place was locked with no one in the parking lot. I walked back home and no one said anything until the next day when we went back to school and it was open.

Now they close over the POSSIBILITY of inclimate weather? Like I said, the lasting affects of COVID (shutting schools down on a whim for no fucking reason at all besides a slight inconvenience) will not be realized for a loooong time and it will be passed off as "fine."

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know the whole "BACK IN MY DAYYYYYYYY" but I vivdly remember one day walking to middle school in like a foot and a half of snow, with white out conditions because my mom watched the TV and no school closures were mentioned. I got to school and the fucking place was locked with no one in the parking lot. I walked back home and no one said anything until the next day when we went back to school and it was open.

Now they close over the POSSIBILITY of inclimate weather? Like I said, the lasting affects of COVID (shutting schools down on a whim for no fucking reason at all besides a slight inconvenience) will not be realized for a long time.

our one babysitter who's in highschool legit didn't have a full week of school up until this week since like before fucking thanksgiving

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
If I were one of the kids, I would be pissed. I'd rather have my nice summer days off than a "snow day"

View attachment 153425
That's what makes this all a giant fucking joke. You eat up their summer vacation instead when you could just go to fucking school on a windy fucking day.

Fuck I hate modern education and all the dumbfuck teachers who enable it.

One more fuck for good measure.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I know the whole "BACK IN MY DAYYYYYYYY" but I vivdly remember one day walking to middle school in like a foot and a half of snow, with white out conditions because my mom watched the TV and no school closures were mentioned. I got to school and the fucking place was locked with no one in the parking lot. I walked back home and no one said anything until the next day when we went back to school and it was open.

Now they close over the POSSIBILITY of inclimate weather? Like I said, the lasting affects of COVID (shutting schools down on a whim for no fucking reason at all besides a slight inconvenience) will not be realized for a long time.

I never got snow days growing up. I vividly remember a couple occasions where the school bus would get a little sideways in the snow while going around a corner.

In high school we had one half-day due to weather because the power went out. So by noon the school was freezing cold and they finally sent us home.

But at least a few times a year now, I see local schools shut down just due to a few inches of snow being forcasted - like today. The kids were out riding their bikes all morning.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I know the whole "BACK IN MY DAYYYYYYYY" but I vivdly remember one day walking to middle school in like a foot and a half of snow, with white out conditions, because my mom watched the TV and no school closures were mentioned. I got to school and the fucking place was locked with no one in the parking lot. I walked back home and no one said anything until the next day when we went back to school and it was open.

Now they close over the POSSIBILITY of inclimate weather? Like I said, the lasting affects of COVID (shutting schools down on a whim for no fucking reason at all besides a slight inconvenience) will not be realized for a loooong time and it will be passed off as "fine."
Dude and they soooo rarely would cancel school for snow, like you had to wake up to >4" of unplowed snow for school to be called off. 2" unplowed, still coming down hard and forecasted to snow all day...fuck off get to class. As it should be. No productive member of society is going to feel forced to cancel their obligations for 2" of snow.

I remember multiple occasions driving to high school while snow was coming down and the roads were absolute shit, and there wasn't even a 2hr delay. There was one hill behind my school and it would be peppered with stuck cars and I had to finagle my way through them in a mustang lol. This wasn't that long ago, 2005-6.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Dude and they soooo rarely would cancel school for snow, like you had to wake up to >4" of unplowed snow for school to be called off. 2" unplowed and still coming down hard...fuck off get to class. As it should be. No productive member of society is going to feel forced to cancel their obligations for 2" of snow.

I remember multiple occasions driving to high school while snow was coming down and the roads were absolute shit, and there wasn't even a 2hr delay. There was one hill behind my high school on the route I drove in and it would be peppered with stuck cars and I had to finagle my way through them in a mustang lol. This wasn't that long ago, 2005-6.
Highschool I don't remember a single snow day and my mom drove us to school before I got my car. I legit don't remember a "cutoff" and if the buses could get out of the motorpool, school was open.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Highschool I don't remember a single snow day and my mom drove us to school before I got my car. I legit don't remember a "cutoff" and if the buses could get out of the motorpool, school was open.
Yeah I don't think there was a cutoff, I just remember several specific events with <4" of unplowed snow that I drove through to get to school by 7am or whatever it was, I don't remember going to school in worse than that though. Likely because it never happened because we never get real snowstorms

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

Elementary school was 2 blocks if that from my house. When I was there, mostly I'd be at grandparents house.

They had WJOB on 24/7 along with morning news...

There was Nothing like seeing "Lincoln Elementary District 156-CLOSED"...

VERY VERY few times did we walk to school and have it closed. Most cases the kids that walked or were dropped off when it was closed was cause they were poor and their phone was shut off.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
And what makes it even funnier is that everyone has SUV's with some form of AWD. What's the issue getting people to/from in inclement weather?

We have truly become a nation of pussies.

If we think our generation is bad, just wait and see how our kids turn out. It's gonna be a shit show.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Elementary school was 2 blocks if that from my house. When I was there, mostly I'd be at grandparents house.

They had WJOB on 24/7 along with morning news...

There was Nothing like seeing "Lincoln Elementary District 156-CLOSED"...

VERY VERY few times did we walk to school and have it closed. Most cases the kids that walked or were dropped off when it was closed was cause they were poor and their phone was shut off.
Yup, my house was at the far corner of the elementary school's yard. Middle school was 2 suburb blocks away.

Thread Info