Food / Drink The official Popeyes thread

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Made a detour last night to get a spicy sandwich and it was a treat, very good, however the size was definitely underwhelming from what people have said and pictures. What I worry about the most, being fast food, is that the spicy sauce is going to be completely dependent on who is making the sandwich, might be fairly consistent or you might get too little, too much, all on one side etc etc, feel like that could be a consistency issue. The CFA sandwich every single bite is basically the same being the spicy baked into the chicken patty along with the outside batter. Popeyes sauce was a little spicier than Chick, seem to build as you ate vs immediate with the CFA one

Anyways, lets settle this Popeyes vs Chickafil debate with some numbers from their respective nutritional value guides readily available-

Popeyes CFA
Calories 700 460
Fat 42g 19g
Carbs 50 45
Protein 28 28

Mook Mook can get absolutely fucked as given by the protein (nothing else is adding to this since they are plain sandwiches), its the SAME amount of chicken yet the sandwich is like 50% bigger... huh

More calories per dollar, sure, but now you go into other fast food options if you want to start that math comparison. Carb difference is kinda weirdly close though

Sorry, not sorry, its definitely the best alternative to a Chick-fil-a spicy readily available by a long shot... fight me

Reactions: bmoore04

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
giphy.gif

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Tried the variant today at CFA, I gotta say whilst it was good I wasn't a fan of the herbs on the breading. Popeyes got that shit in the bag as far as taste.

I was in line for MAYBE 2min from the min I pulled up to driving away with my food. Super fast, only 2 cars ahead of me with double ordering lanes. Zero complaints.

When I went to Popeyes I just so happened to be the only one there, but just in the time I was waiting for my food, there was a line out of the parking lot and only a singe lane for ordering.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This weekend I went out with a woman that was born in Canada. She said she tried fried chicken and couldn't understand the draw to it. Then she singled out the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich specifically!

Needless to say, I don't need that kind of negativity in my life and blocked her phone number. It really makes you wonder about people...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This weekend I went out with a woman that was born in Canada. She said she tried fried chicken and couldn't understand the draw to it. Then she singled out the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich specifically!

Needless to say, I don't need that kind of negativity in my life and blocked her phone number. It really makes you wonder about people...
You should have called ICE on her.

Thread Info