Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Sprayin, the interior is modern, you order at the counter and they bring it to you. Have a lot of outdoor seating too.

I had never had Detroit style before, but based on what I've read and also other reviews of this place, it's decent. The crust was crunchy, caramelized, very addicting for me. She said they usually have a wider variety of pre-made pizzas but since it was late they had run out of some of them. I'm curious to see what your wife thinks.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Speaking of Detroit style. As much as I realize it's pizza hut, has anyone tried their Detroit style I've seen advertised?
It's such garbage. I like PH as a fast food pizza at times, and I'll occasionally get it. But their Detroit style can fuck right off. LC Deep Deep or Jets would be a more appropriate Detroit style (although it doesn't have the sauce on top).

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Better than all the pie in Tennessee.
Aldi only gets one week per year

20211008_133627.jpg
20211008_141644.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Been getting Lous a bit more often lately. The Elk Grove Village location by my new(ish) house is 1000x better than the take-out only location off Irving Park by my old Chicago house. Still not singing their praises but worth getting at least here.
Its always blown my mind, the lack of consistency between 2 different locations. Last night a perfect example. Out favorite thin crust is D'Agostinos in Wrigleyville.
The original in Wrigleyville is hands down the best location. River North and Wheeling not bad but not the original. We went to the one in River Grove last night. Everything from the service, appetizers and pizza was fucking horrible. My Wife and I were soooooo disappointed. I can polish off half an 18" pizza by myself, I probably ate a qtr of it last night. We literally brought home half a pizza. Only brought it home because I paid for it and my dog will eat it lol.

Reactions: FESTER665

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Yooooo I just had something that surprised the hell out of me. So we decided to do Giordanos tonight. Went to the one out in Rosemont. Figured I'd just have the regular ol stuffed pizza that I usually have, which is solid, but nothing to write home about. Well, they had a special limited time menu with a different type of deep dish: parmesean crusted pan pizza.

Ho Lee Fuk. Let me tell ya. This is the best thing Giordanos has ever made. It's not as thick as the stuffed. It's like a regular pan deep-dish, Ala Lous. They put down a layer of parmesean cheese and bake it into the crust. Then you get the good Giordanos sauce in top with a sprinkle of parmesean on top of that too. I almost polished this whole thing off by myself.

My only complaint is that I think there could have been a little more sauce, and they could have brought it out a few minutes sooner so it held its temperature better.

Overall I LOVED this thing. Which means they'll probably cancel it next week. I will absolutely be back for this.

Score: 9/10

20211105_191124.jpeg

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
homemade pizza is usually good,i get the homemade ball of dough/mozz/sausage from an "old school Italian Deli"..Guido makes it,family owned since the 1950's..far southside
let dough rise,stretch it it...let cool,stretch for awhile...good Saturday afternoon with six-pack
if it sucks...try again until it meets your specs
cheers dude

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I'm actively mad about this one. So I found out that one of the "World Famous" New Haven style pizzas, Frank Pepes, had a location here in NY, and it was pretty close. So I drove on over to try it out.

So I read up on the back story of this place a little, and the original pie they made here was actually just tomato and without cheese. So I wanted to try that out, as well as a slice with cheese. So I did half with cheese and half "original" without cheese. The half without cheese actually wasn't too bad. The sauce was a little "Meh" but the crust stayed crisp and didn't get all greasy. It was edible at best.

The cheese side? It might have been the worst slice of pizza I have ever consumed. The cheese was the biggest greasy pile of watery disgustingness that I've ever seen. This is legit nightmare fuel for me. It totally saturated the crust, and made it a greasy floppy mess. The coal fired crust is supposed to be crisp, but with it totally covered in watery cheese and grease, it just felt hard and wet. I can't believe I was able to actually eat the whole slice.

This is, hands down, the worst pizza I've ever had. My entire day is ruined. The next person that says (and means it) that New Haven pizza is the best in the world is getting punched square in the face.

I actually feel sorry for people who grow up on this stuff and only get to experience stuff like this as "pizza".

This is the kind of thing that you get as a result when you get home drunk as fuckkkkkkkk after every food place is closed and you're hungry as fuck. And you think "shitttttt, I could make myself a pizza" and you slap it together with whatever you have laying around.

Score: 0.5/10

It gets half a point for at least being hot.

View attachment 82455
New York is so fucking gay

Thread Info