Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The "burnt" part is just a ring around the edge. It's flaky, just flake it off. Or don't eat the crust.
Crust is part of the pizza experience. I personally don’t like it and won’t eat at either again, just not worth going for pizza I dislike when there’s better.

My boss used to take us to pequods once a month since it was down the street, I’ve tried it plenty.

Reactions: Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Crust is part of the pizza experience. I personally don’t like it and won’t eat at either again, just not worth going for pizza I dislike when there’s better.

My boss used to take us to pequods once a month since it was down the street, I’ve tried it plenty.

I'll agree that crust is part of the experience and people that leave the crust should be flogged.

I'll disagree about not liking it and that there is better. I get that pizza is all about personal preference.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Kids have been asking for Casey's pizza for weeks now. Wife doesn't like it and we're trying to do keto again (I'm failing at the moment). I'm WFH today and kids are on summer break, so we just got a couple of pies for lunch. I forgot how good it is for gas station pizza. That carb-crash is gonna hit me in an hour or so.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
If you're looking for a good frozen pizza, I found that Home Run is pretty damned good.
When I was at the grocery store in the pizza aisle, some old guy started talking to me about the pizza's and insisted Home Run was good, so I put back the Connie's I had in my hand and grabbed a Home Run. He wasn't wrong. It really is good.

I never bothered to try it in the past since I thought it was just your typical dime-a-dozen frozen junk pizza.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I've only had their thin crust, so no experience with the deep dish style.

Im talking about Home Run Inn, they have Classic and Thin Crust that you can choose from. Their classic isnt deep dish by any means, at least I dont take it as a deep dish style pizza.

Classic:
1624998527626.png

Thin Crust:
1624998576418.png

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Im talking about Home Run Inn, they have Classic and Thin Crust that you can choose from. Their classic isnt deep dish by any means, at least I dont take it as a deep dish style pizza.

Classic:
View attachment 93388

Thin Crust:
View attachment 93389

OMG, that looks sooo good..

I literally have a Home Run pizza in the oven at this very moment. All this pizza talk made me crave for one.
About 15 more minutes and it will be done! ?

Reactions: FESTER665

Thread Info