Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Since covid, we cannot find these anywhere.

xTLck-h_HYGLMSuTK_Y68si3T9WwW-zIPRdnA0ji0Cw.jpg

Has anybody seen these at all?

Reactions: guspech750

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
View attachment 155943

Did I drive 1.5 hours down to New Buffalo just to get Villa Nova pizza? You bet your ass I did.
dis looks good. i have at this point not had a pizza that looks like this in 2 years.

the occasional thai pizzas i have don't hit like this. the last pizza i had was in south africa and it was a solid 5.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Dave Portnoy has the power to create a better check list for evaluating pizza but the only aspect of a pizza that he routinely comments on is the undercarriage.

Ideally pizza evaluations would hit on the following:

-Sauce Flavor
-Undercarriage / crispiness of the crust (not gummy, undercooked)
-Cheese flavor
-Toppings

The other issue with multiple toppings is you can sometimes end up with pizza that's kinda of wet in the middle from all the water and grease coming out of the vegetables and meat.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Dave Portnoy has the power to create a better check list for evaluating pizza but the only aspect of a pizza that he routinely comments on is the undercarriage.

Ideally pizza evaluations would hit on the following:

-Sauce Flavor
-Undercarriage / crispiness of the crust (not gummy, undercooked)
-Cheese flavor
-Toppings

The other issue with multiple toppings is you can sometimes end up with pizza that's kinda of wet in the middle from all the water and grease coming out of the vegetables and meat.
He only evaluates cheese anyways. His ratings are totally arbitrary. He puts a lot of weight on the "story of the pizzeria" and will fluff numbers if he likes the owner.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
He only evaluates cheese anyways. His ratings are totally arbitrary. He puts a lot of weight on the "story of the pizzeria" and will fluff numbers if he likes the owner.
100%. I didn't think V&N was really the standout that people say it is, and if you watch how Dave talks in his videos after a while you can intuit when he's fluffing a review.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Thread Info