Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Illinois is home to many great pizza places, known for their delicious and authentic pizza pies. Some of the best places to get pizza in Illinois include:

1. Lou Malnati's Pizzeria: This Chicago-based chain is known for its deep-dish pizza, which is made with a buttery crust and topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and homemade tomato sauce.
  2. Pequod's Pizzeria: This Chicago-based pizzeria is also known for its deep-dish pizza, which is made with a caramelized crust and topped with mozzarella cheese and a spicy sausage.
  3. Giordano's: This Chicago-based chain is known for its stuffed pizza, which is made with a flaky crust and filled with cheese and toppings.
  4. Vito & Nick's Pizzeria: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
  5. The Art of Pizza: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
  6. Edwardo's Natural Pizza: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
  7. Santullo's Eatery: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
These are some of the best places to get pizza in Illinois, but there are many other great pizza places throughout the state that are worth checking out.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Illinois is home to many great pizza places, known for their delicious and authentic pizza pies. Some of the best places to get pizza in Illinois include:

1. Lou Malnati's Pizzeria: This Chicago-based chain is known for its deep-dish pizza, which is made with a buttery crust and topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and homemade tomato sauce.
  2. Pequod's Pizzeria: This Chicago-based pizzeria is also known for its deep-dish pizza, which is made with a caramelized crust and topped with mozzarella cheese and a spicy sausage.
  3. Giordano's: This Chicago-based chain is known for its stuffed pizza, which is made with a flaky crust and filled with cheese and toppings.
  4. Vito & Nick's Pizzeria: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
  5. The Art of Pizza: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
  6. Edwardo's Natural Pizza: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
  7. Santullo's Eatery: This Chicago-based pizzeria is known for its thin-crust pizza, which is made with a crispy crust and topped with fresh ingredients.
These are some of the best places to get pizza in Illinois, but there are many other great pizza places throughout the state that are worth checking out.
Where is this Santullo's located? The one in Wicker Park closed about 5 years ago.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Lou malnatis coming to NWI.

what do I get, what's to be expected?
Get the deep, their thin isn't great. If ordering delivery or take out, get it uncut. Get the butter crust, and I always recommend well done.

I usually just get cheese, but toppings are person specific. They have a pizza where it gets a pizza sized sausage patty on it if that's your kind of thing.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Get the deep, their thin isn't great. If ordering delivery or take out, get it uncut. Get the butter crust, and I always recommend well done.

I usually just get cheese, but toppings are person specific. They have a pizza where it gets a pizza sized sausage patty on it if that's your kind of thing.
Sausage chunks for me, otherwise its too damn much sausage.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I did once order Mushrooms on it, and because of the extra water content from the mushrooms it made the crust get really soggy fast, so I avoid them.

Instead of ordering Lous, I usually stop buy and pickup 2 or 3 of their frozen pizza's then just bake them myself. I haven't found too much difference between baking their frozen one, or ordering one delivery as long as you use a baking stone to bake it in the oven.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I did once order Mushrooms on it, and because of the extra water content from the mushrooms it made the crust get really soggy fast, so I avoid them.

Instead of ordering Lous, I usually stop buy and pickup 2 or 3 of their frozen pizza's then just bake them myself. I haven't found too much difference between baking their frozen one, or ordering one delivery as long as you use a baking stone to bake it in the oven.
The frozen ones are pretty solid. When I come back into IL I usually grab a few to bring home. It's not quite the same, but it's close enough. Much closer than say Rosatis frozen from the grocery store.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Had Quonset Pizza in Waukegan tonight. Didn't get a chance to take a photo as we were out with my father in law. But man was that pizza good tonight. I haven't had it in a while and it's been hit or miss for me in the past but it was on fire tonight.

I've been on a thin crust kick lately, so it was obviously thin. I actually don't know if they even do deep there.

Score: 7.5/10. Very solid.

Thread Info