Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
FB_IMG_1615778513673.jpeg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I understand having a bias, but I actually feel sad for people that grew up on NY style. Deep dish is an experience. It's not just "oh I'm hungry and I have $3 on me, what can I get quick" which is all that NY pizza is. When I shitfaced, I'd prefer NY style (a good version at least) that I can get in slices. When I want to enjoy what I'm eating, it's deep dish.

Tavern style has its place too, somewhere in between those two. It's great for large groups. It's also FAR better for toppings than any other kind of pizza.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I don’t know wtf is actually supposed to be different but there’s a place across from my work call right coast pizza and the owner is from Jersey. Large slices with actually crispy thin crust vs that soggy wet paper bag NY style always seems to be.

They used to do a pizza called the laughing Buffalo with smoked Buffalo cheese slices and a dark red marinara with basil and olive oil. It was so good but sadly off the menu now. With regular mozzarella blobs it’s not quite the same.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I joined this FB page for pizza reviews where everyone thinks they are Dave Portnoy and does shitty reviews. And it's all fucking East Coasters posting pictures of GARBAGE and giving it like 9.0+. Some posting from places in the south and rating "7.0 because its not from NY". I swear New Yorkers are retarded.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I grew up on rosatis every sunday for family dinner, it was good, but man I'm still sick of it and haven't had it in like a decade lol

Deep dish love aside, give me some Home Run Inn and Aurelios all day every day
When the wife lived in Wrigleyville, there was an Aurileos right down the street. I only went there once because I had the deep dish and it was terrible. Sauce was so bad that it ruined the whole pizza. Never tried the thin, but I've heard a lot of good things so maybe I should give it another shot. I think there is a location not too far from me.

I've only had the Home Run Inn frozen pizza and didn't like that either. Crust was too flakey, almost crossiant-like flake. Not a fan.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
When the wife lived in Wrigleyville, there was an Aurileos right down the street. I only went there once because I had the deep dish and it was terrible. Sauce was so bad that it ruined the whole pizza. Never tried the thin, but I've heard a lot of good things so maybe I should give it another shot. I think there is a location not too far from me.

I've only had the Home Run Inn frozen pizza and didn't like that either. Crust was too flakey, almost crossiant-like flake. Not a fan.
You pretty much tried the "worse" versions of both :rofl: The thin crust Aurelios is devine, but I prefer the sweet sauce.. I've actually never had or even knew they had a deep dish, I haven't looked at their menu is years lol. Home Run Inn is also unique and the buttery crust when done on the non-frozen is awesome

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You pretty much tried the "worse" versions of both :rofl: The thin crust Aurelios is devine, but I prefer the sweet sauce.. I've actually never had or even knew they had a deep dish, I haven't looked at their menu is years lol. Home Run Inn is also unique and the buttery crust when done on the non-frozen is awesome
Yea I figured. The sauce that was on the deep dish was anything but sweet. It was just bad.

Reactions: The Broken Regal

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Ive yet to have a bad pizza from Rosatis. At least now that I can remember.
I’ve had great rosatis but I’ve never had bad rosatis.
I still think the one in niles on Milwaukee is the best I’ve had. The crystal lake location is alright but not nearly as good. There’s one in Schaumburg that’s awesome too, west of the mall.

Thread Info