Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Was visiting my dad near Lexington, KY and went to a local place called Giovanni's. For $10 all you can eat and drink it was pretty good. What really surprised me was the pizza where they used a ranch and bacon sauce, instead of a tomato based one. I'm not a fan of ranch dressing, but holy fuck was that good!

1672535612678.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Was visiting my dad near Lexington, KY and went to a local place called Giovanni's. For $10 all you can eat and drink it was pretty good. What really surprised me was the pizza where they used a ranch and bacon sauce, instead of a tomato based one. I'm not a fan of ranch dressing, but holy fuck was that good!

View attachment 145713
Sarpino's Santa Fe Chicken Ranch uses a Chipotle Ranch sauces, its delicious.

Sarpino's traditional pan pizza smothered in homemade Chipotle ranch sauce and loaded with juicy chicken strips, sauteed green and red peppers, tender onions, smoked bacon, melty cheddar and our signature gourmet cheese blend and a sprinkle of sharp Parmesan cheese.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Met up with Teege24 Teege24 out in New Buffalo, MI, and had to get a Chicago staple, Villa Nova Pizza.

Take this review with a grain of salt, as I haven't had a good thin crust pizza in MONTHS since Michigan sucks.

Villa Nova is a 2nd location for a popular, highly rated, Chicago Pizza in Stickney IL. I haven't had the original, but I know this place comes highly recommended.

We ordered a large thin crust, only cheese, well done. My God. This pizza was absolutely incredible. Some of the best thin crust I've had in a very very long time. I wish I wish I could pack one of the cooks into my trunk and take him back home with me.

8.5/10. Incredible pizza. Loved every bite. I was sad was it was gone.

1000000498.jpg

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Met up with Teege24 Teege24 out in New Buffalo, MI, and had to get a Chicago staple, Villa Nova Pizza.

Take this review with a grain of salt, as I haven't had a good thin crust pizza in MONTHS since Michigan sucks.

Villa Nova is a 2nd location for a popular, highly rated, Chicago Pizza in Stickney IL. I haven't had the original, but I know this place comes highly recommended.

We ordered a large thin crust, only cheese, well done. My God. This pizza was absolutely incredible. Some of the best thin crust I've had in a very very long time. I wish I wish I could pack one of the cooks into my trunk and take him back home with me.

8.5/10. Incredible pizza. Loved every bite. I was sad was it was gone.

View attachment 148393
I give it a 7.2! Definitely good, but not the best I've ever had! As always, a great time hangin with Sprayin Sprayin and Mrs. Sprayin Sprayin !

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I gotta remember that spot in New Buffalo. Occasionally I'll take a day trip over there in the summer with the gf to get lunch and hang at the beach. I didn't know good pizza existed in Michigan, outside of Detroit.
It doesn't. But there's a lot of Chicago people that live along the lake.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
I gotta remember that spot in New Buffalo. Occasionally I'll take a day trip over there in the summer with the gf to get lunch and hang at the beach. I didn't know good pizza existed in Michigan, outside of Detroit.

Villa Nova in New Buffalo is really good.
Guy who owns it lives down the street from one of my techs. We eat there when we’re working in NB.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Thread Info