20221230_205510.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Nah, no one cares about what you think is good or bad pizza.
I care. The dude has good taste in pizza. My only gripe is his love for Pequods but that’s on me because I fucking hate burnt cheese.

Also fuck do I miss rosatis. There’s one here and it’s bullshit garbage. The Nile’s location, Crystal lake location and rolling meadows locations are fucking delicious. I don’t even know which location is owned by what family but still.

• Love
Reactions: Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I care. The dude has good taste in pizza. My only gripe is his love for Pequods but that’s on me because I fucking hate burnt cheese.

Also fuck do I miss rosatis. There’s one here and it’s bullshit garbage. The Nile’s location, Crystal lake location and rolling meadows locations are fucking delicious. I don’t even know which location is owned by what family but still.
I honestly didn't think I would either before I had it. I resisted trying Pequods for years because of it. It just works though. Detroit style all has it on the crust, and it's the one redeeming feature of it.

I have such a love/hate relationship with rosatis. When it's good it's GOOD. When it's bad it's terrible. Seems to be store dependant. Ones outside of IL are reallllllly a crap shoot. But still usually better than the local stuff. I'd kill to have a rosatis locally here in MI.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I mean every time I ate at the morton grove one I just skipped the crust.

I miss a good rosati’s pizza so much. Legit my favorite (from a good location). There’s good enough pizza here but we lost the best deep dish restaurant recently and giordanos closed their easiest location to get to for me which sucks. Only one left is down town with zero parking.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I mean every time I ate at the morton grove one I just skipped the crust.

I miss a good rosati’s pizza so much. Legit my favorite (from a good location). There’s good enough pizza here but we lost the best deep dish restaurant recently and giordanos closed their easiest location to get to for me which sucks. Only one left is down town with zero parking.
Giordanos is another super wishy-washy one for me. The one I just had in Orlando was absolutely terrible. I would have rather had LC. I've had several in the Chicagoland area that are bad too. The one by Ohare in Rosemont used to be my local one and I went there every Friday night because it was so fantastic. These chains don't have their QC down all that well.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Giordanos is another super wishy-washy one for me. The one I just had in Orlando was absolutely terrible. I would have rather had LC. I've had several in the Chicagoland area that are bad too. The one by Ohare in Rosemont used to be my local one and I went there every Friday night because it was so fantastic. These chains don't have their QC down all that well.
Rosemont one was where I usually ended up since every time I’m back in Illinois it’s usually visiting my parents in DP. The one by woodfield is alright too.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Rosemont one was where I usually ended up since every time I’m back in Illinois it’s usually visiting my parents in DP. The one by woodfield is alright too.
The one by Woodfield pissed me off when Covid was going on so I stopped going there :rofl:

At Rosemont we always sat at the bar, and were practically regulars there. Good bartender, good manager, great food. I make sure to go whenever I'm back in town.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The one by Woodfield pissed me off when Covid was going on so I stopped going there :rofl:

At Rosemont we always sat at the bar, and were practically regulars there. Good bartender, good manager, great food. I make sure to go whenever I'm back in town.
You talking about the place that made us wait seven hours?

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Had Rosatis from multiple stores and it’s an average pizza at best. The one in Darien by parents house growing up was decent, but the pizza was always greasy.
They’re all independent franchises and there’s two different companies they get their shit from. They’re such a crapshoot.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I’ve had from multiple locations in the Chicago burbs and all were average at best. Not bad, but not something I’d go out of my way to get.
:dunno:

A slice from the Nile’s location will always be my favorite slice of pizza. Their oven is a 100 years old and cranks out great pizza imo. I miss them carrying upper 10, the perfect lunch.

Thread Info