Food / Drink The Official Pizza Review Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
These abominations are still here and apparently they are trying to get rid of them if they are on sale. It’s still too bad they still cost more than better pizzas though.

View attachment 203609
What’s worse is you need to buy five to get the price. Adds to the ripe aroma of shit on a single.

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
What’s worse is you need to buy five to get the price. Adds to the ripe aroma of shit on a single.

Right? I mean I get trying to cut bait and just get them out the door to make way for literally anything to take its place and be better. Still like you said. Need to buy 5 for it to be that price otherwise its still $6.50 or whatever it says.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Right? I mean I get trying to cut bait and just get them out the door to make way for literally anything to take its place and be better. Still like you said. Need to buy 5 for it to be that price otherwise its still $6.50 or whatever it says.
When your normal take out pizza from an actual pizza joint now runs $20-30, I'd still rather pay the extra for the quality pizza.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That too. White Cottage is some damn good pizza for the area, but fuck man is it expensive.
I've got a friend that manages a pizza place down in Naperville, and it's damn good pizza for the price. Problem is that by the time I get it home, it's 40-45 minutes later, and heading towards being cold. I usually aim to get their pizza when I'm in the area visiting friends. A few of them are now repeat customers.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I've got a friend that manages a pizza place down in Naperville, and it's damn good pizza for the price. Problem is that by the time I get it home, it's 40-45 minutes later, and heading towards being cold. I usually aim to get their pizza when I'm in the area visiting friends. A few of them are now repeat customers.
Take and bake an option? Thats what I do with the best pizza around here since by the time I get home it’s cold

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Take and bake an option? Thats what I do with the best pizza around here since by the time I get home it’s cold
I've done this twice. Worked well for that with my prior oven. Did not work well for my current oven, which I mistakenly got a non-convection oven. For frozen pizza it is okay, but for fresh pizza it kind of ruins it.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Being a friend, won't he just let you snag a delivery bag? When I stop by the old joint and pick a pizza I just let them know I am snagging a delivery bag and will have it back in the next day or two.

Which WC do you order from? Wood Dale hasnt been good the last 2 times, we are thinking of trying Elgin
You have one closer (I think) in Hanover Park at Army Trail and County Farm. Elgin is the one we get it from. I will say, the last few times I wish they would've left it in the oven an extra 2 minutes or so.

Reactions: Fish and Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Being a friend, won't he just let you snag a delivery bag? When I stop by the old joint and pick a pizza I just let them know I am snagging a delivery bag and will have it back in the next day or two.
Because that would be a lot of driving for me. 40-45 minutes to get the pizza, then another 40-45 to get back home. Repeat that for returning the bag.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Which WC do you order from? Wood Dale hasnt been good the last 2 times, we are thinking of trying Elgin

We order from the one that CMNTMXR57 CMNTMXR57 mentioned.

No shit, I didnt know about that one. Might check it out this Friday

When we moved in they offer delivery through door dash or something I forget which platform, and we did that the first time or 2, and then I realized where it was and said fuck it. 12 minutes of total travel is not worth 12 bucks. :rofl:

Yea, if you didn't know about it, you wouldn't realize it's there, back behind the Walgreens in that strip mall.

And you could visit SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me since he's just down the street. :D

Its literally directly behind the Taco Bell. Easiest way I could explain it. He basically would be passing my place to get to it too.

Reactions: Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yea, if you didn't know about it, you wouldn't realize it's there, back behind the Walgreens in that strip mall.

And you could visit SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me since he's just down the street. :D
I’ve walked to that Walgreen’s a few times.

We order from the one that CMNTMXR57 CMNTMXR57 mentioned.

When we moved in they offer delivery through door dash or something I forget which platform, and we did that the first time or 2, and then I realized where it was and said fuck it. 12 minutes of total travel is not worth 12 bucks. :rofl:

Its literally directly behind the Taco Bell. Easiest way I could explain it. He basically would be passing my place to get to it too.
I passed within 15-20’ of it yesterday. Went to the aforementioned Walgreen’s yesterday, coming into the lot from Founty Carm. From that direction you can drive right into the Taco Bell drive thru 😂

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
We call this thin crust, not tavern style 🖕🏼🖕🏼

IMG_6277.jpeg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
We call this thin crust, not tavern style 🖕🏼🖕🏼

View attachment 204509
I saw a news story on Chicago style tavern pizza and the whole list was fucking trash pizza. Only good pizza around here with proper thin crust doesn’t say that hipster shit thankfully.

We went to this place that claimed deep dish and they were a “chicago” sports bar. Just a bunch of man buns and hipster beards. Surprise, food sucked

Thread Info