🧱 The Official LEGO Thread errybody building Lego!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
View attachment 153563

Was at LEGO Schaumburg this morning and snagged the last Porsche. They had one Pagani left on the shelf too but I already have one in route.

Was shocked to learn they don’t participate in the VIP points program. They gave me a 5% discount instead.
Super weird, that store has been around forever.

I have both on the way from Lego.

Reactions: torquelover

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I haven't seen that Porsche 963 LMDh before. That's for the 2023 racing season. Gonna have to check it out.
Just came out.

Saw both at wallymart. Picked up the pagani today and got it together. Kinda dumb the top won't clothes with the guy inside unless he has no hair or helmet.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
F1 is back, so that means I can build again!

Decided to put the 812 Comp together today

P9HvL8x.jpg

9jVuVwn.jpg

vL4VarV.jpg

Thought it was a nice touch they have little ferrari logos for the headrests :ROFLMAO: The ferrari models always seem to have these little details

LvPxfIr.jpg

Here's a good example of just how big these cars have gotten compared to the early models

MZEMZdW.jpg

And since I really have no where else to put this right now.......it will reside on top of my xbox for the time being

oA98cVf.jpg

I will say, if you don't like decals, maybe avoid this one :ROFLMAO: I was not on my decal game today too.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
F1 is back, so that means I can build again!

Decided to put the 812 Comp together today

P9HvL8x.jpg

9jVuVwn.jpg

vL4VarV.jpg

Thought it was a nice touch they have little ferrari logos for the headrests :ROFLMAO: The ferrari models always seem to have these little details

LvPxfIr.jpg

Here's a good example of just how big these cars have gotten compared to the early models

MZEMZdW.jpg

And since I really have no where else to put this right now.......it will reside on top of my xbox for the time being

oA98cVf.jpg

I will say, if you don't like decals, maybe avoid this one :ROFLMAO: I was not on my decal game today too.
Yeah its a ridiculous amount of stickers for this. Stickers are kind of a bummer.

The Pagani was a nice change, only like 8 stickers for a speed set, which is really low.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Was at LEGO Schaumburg this morning and snagged the last Porsche. They had one Pagani left on the shelf too but I already have one in route.

Was shocked to learn they don’t participate in the VIP points program. They gave me a 5% discount instead.
That's the "Lego Discovery Center" for the Legoland. It's basically just a gift shop.

There IS a proper Lego Store in the mall that is part of VIP;

Best "retail price" deals are if you are part of the Barnes and Noble program (10% off sale price, including clearance).

B+N almost NEVER discounts any lego, so its really only good for "When you have to have it" or large adult sets that simply never go on sale.

When you sign up you get 20% off everything (including lego) but there are some maxes; I bought the Home Alone house and one other set and it made my membership "free" with that initial 20% off.

Reactions: torquelover

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Porsche 963 build tonight.

View attachment 153957

The insane amount of decals on this one took a bit.

View attachment 153955

My decal game is getting better far from ideal.

Top tip: put the car together first, then get the decals on so they line up better. If you just center on each individual tile during the build you’re not gonna like the outcome.

View attachment 153958

JESUS. And I thought the 812 was bad :ROFLMAO: I wanted this one......but........now I'm having 2nd thoughts

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Porsche 963 build tonight.

View attachment 153957

The insane amount of decals on this one took a bit.

View attachment 153955

My decal game is getting better far from ideal.

Top tip: put the car together first, then get the decals on so they line up better. If you just center on each individual tile during the build you’re not gonna like the outcome.

View attachment 153958
double tip, use twizzers or a pocket knife to apply the stickers. Stick a small corner on the knife/twizzers and it makes it much easier to line up

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
especially if it becomes a 1 off set and they dont make more LOTR sets. Its already been hinted that they only had one shot at this set, so it may be the only LOTR for awhile, if ever again.
Ah shit, I meant the 963 I got. :rofl:

Got my big box o’ stuff today. There’s some more shit underneath but didn’t want the wife to see. Got her the bouquet of wild flowers too (it’s on the bottom)

C5997B69-8BCA-4F9A-BF42-0349A5A78275.jpeg

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
especially if it becomes a 1 off set and they dont make more LOTR sets. Its already been hinted that they only had one shot at this set, so it may be the only LOTR for awhile, if ever again.

I didn’t order it yet for the wife/kiddo. The free items right now is weak sauce for sure.

The moving van set was nice though.

Thread Info