đź’¬ OT đź§± The Official LEGO Thread errybody building Lego!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
IT HAS ARRIVED

ss3VPLZ.jpg

Some assembly required. Looks like I've got myself a project for this weekend!

Hopefully everything in intact.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
jesus this case comes with the absolute WORST instructions ever :ROFLMAO:

They are the most GENERIC set of instructions, and its basically, "hey heres how to assemble A display case, but not the one you purchased!" And theres even less instructions on the website. I'm flyin the by seat of my pants here.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I did it!!!! Think it took longer for me to just lay everything out and look at it to try and figure out how the hell it was all going to go together than it took to actually assemble it once I had a game plan in my mind

But just assembling it is about a 3rd of the battle. the next battle will getting it mounted on my wall. And the final battle will be getting all the cars arranged in it after its mounted. But thats a battle for tomorrow. maybe.

Will post up a couple pics once I get some fuckin food in my belly :LOL:

I will say this thing was packaged FANTASTICALLY. And every piece was covered in protective film on both sides. If you're the type of person that receives great satisfaction from peeling film off things, just buy one of these kits and dont even put it together :ROFLMAO:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Here she is! It's a Wicked Brick wall mount display case for 24 cars. The biggest one they make

XsVwh2L.jpg

didnt take any pics of the assembly because I was too busy racking my brain trying to figure out how all this shit was supposed to go together, because, these are the only instructions you get!!

K8nfos9.jpg

And they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what I bought. :ROFLMAO: So I just had to kinda lay everything out and figure it out for myself.

This fucking piece also threw me off, because I didn't know if i was supposed to also use this somehow or what, but from what I could tell, its identical to the piece I have installed in the case currently, but it just doesnt have passthru holes that would allow you to mount it to a wall, so I didnt figure there was a way you could use it if you wanted to wall mount. So I think this is just an extra piece you can use w/out the mounting holes if you just wanna stand this up on a desk instead or something? :ROFLMAO: Thats what I'm going with anyways.

2cSyoXI.jpg

And finally, it was almost worth it to peel ALL of this protective film off of everything :ROFLMAO: So satisfying

5x2VLoq.jpg

Maybe Part 2 tomorrow.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
After sleeping on it, I'm thinking I might wait to mount this until I go on a build spree and build the rest of the cars I've had sitting there. That way I only have to mount it and fill it once. The front of this thing is screwed on like everything else, so to open it up again, I'd have to unscrew the front, which has 8 screws, while its still on the wall, just to open it back up again. And If i mount it where I want to mount it, its gonna be a little bit of a pain to get to. So I think its time to clear my backlog first

Reactions: SleeperLS

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp just purchased the Technic Ducati from Zavvi

They have it on sale for $57.99 right now, and this thing almost never goes on sale. Normally its about $68-70 bucks, so its pretty decent, but after tax and shipping it pretty much brings it back up to "normal" price :ROFLMAO: BUT, that is still better than starting at normal price and then also being charged tax and shipping on top of that. And its still cheaper than Amazon and even Lego right now. It's $80 on legos site.

Thread Info