❄️ The Official TCG Complains about Snow Yearly Despite Living in the Midwest and it never snows here anyway.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean you're not wrong, but the point of my post was saying that sled riders are mostly drunks and love to exaggerate their unimpressive shenanigans. Did not mention their tow vehicles or their trailers

Since the TCG way is to justify your purchases to others....How many times a year do you tow the SxS and whose trailer do you use?

im not the one harping on snowmobiles :rofl: i was poking fun at you being like herpa derpa 4 times a year. i even soools faced you. but since yer TRIGGGGERRREDDD

this year i went on 3 trips with the sxs, one to wyoming, two to wisco, past that i towed it around here a good chunk. otherwise it's driven around my house pretty frequently. id be more than willing to bet my side by side sees far more hours of use in a year than your trophy bike and far more miles as well :rofl:

im suuuuuuper fortunate to be able to have a plethora of trailers available to borrow for my sxs. 3-4 at my work, plus a few friends that don't mind.

just to drive home the truck necessity portion, I do have two boats, each with their own trailers, one gets trailered ~1000 miles yearly to & from ky and around there, the other mainly around here. my truck has more miles on it with trailers behind it than not :rofl:

PS suuuuckit

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I see both sides of the ATV on snow trails. In wet, packed snow constantly trying to pull yourself out of ruts from tires does get annoying. Powder or hard pack, put your purse down and let both use them.
What also gets really annoying is when Kyle and Chad want to bomb the trails one last time on an April weekend when it's 55 degrees and the ATV trails don't open till early June because they need so much grooming. #Carterrantover

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
What also gets really annoying is when Kyle and Chad want to bomb the trails one last time on an April weekend when it's 55 degrees and the ATV trails don't open till early June because they need so much grooming. #Carterrantover
Any good sources on ATV trail maps? Got a 2003 Yamaha Kodiak 450 collecting dust in my garage I'd really like to take up north and ride around. It's already seen hundreds of hours on the fire trails in the mountains of Kentucky.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Any good sources on ATV trail maps? Got a 2003 Yamaha Kodiak 450 collecting dust in my garage I'd really like to take up north and ride around. It's already seen hundreds of hours on the fire trails in the mountains of Kentucky.

Oh and snow and shit....

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Spring for the GPS version
I've got a friend of a friend with a cabin and about 40 acres up in the UP, near Wetmore (due south of Munising). He's got a few ATVs in the barn next to his collect of sleds, so hoping to get up there this season to do some riding. He's already well-versed in the local trails. Plus, a bonus for me, no light pollution, so I can get some great astrophotography in.

What's nice is I can just load the ATV right into the back of my truck and go. Just need to dig out an old [motorcycle] helmet to use, seeing as how it is a requirement up there (or at least in most places).

Reactions: Yaj Yak

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The additional items I'd wear in KY is a side arm, maybe a hat for the cobwebs and bugs. If really dry, a bandana over the mouth/nose for dust.

I'll ask my friend of friend what regulations he's run into. Anyway, getting thread off topic.

When is the next prediction for snow in IL/NWI? :rolleyes:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's just a quick hitter, relax.

0303200843a.jpg

Thread Info