The official gun thread

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Everything I have is 9mm or 5.56. I wish I had gotten a 7.62 x 39 something and a ton of dirty ammo back in the good times.
Pretty much the same here. I have ventured out a little to .300BLK, .22LR and 10mm, but will likely ditch the 10mm and just use those other rounds for the most part.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wanted to take a peek at 10mm but I'll never use it. .300BLK is great for reloading because if you can get 3-5 reloads out of the brass, you just use .308 bullets so that's two calibers with one projectile. That's why I hopped on board so fast with it. And running subs is probably my favorite fucking thing ever.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I wanted to take a peek at 10mm but I'll never use it. .300BLK is great for reloading because if you can get 3-5 reloads out of the brass, you just use .308 bullets so that's two calibers with one projectile. That's why I hopped on board so fast with it. And running subs is probably my favorite fucking thing ever.
Same here, love 300 blackout subs especially with a can. Makes me puke that when you find subs on sale it's over $2 shot now. I picked up about 25 boxes several months back when it was $.55cpr but hesitant to shoot it.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Same here, love 300 blackout subs especially with a can. Makes me puke that when you find subs on sale it's over $2 shot now. I picked up about 25 boxes several months back when it was $.40 cpr but hesitant to shoot it.
I bought about 500 220gr Hornady projectiles when everything first hit and another 200 rounds of 208gr Sig hollow points. Enough powder for about 1000 loads since 300 barely uses any fucking powder. :rofl: It's funny too because CFE BLK from Hodgdon ALWAYS sits on the shelf. No one buys it but it works great and can also be used for 223 and 308.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Been reloading my own ammo since 2011. Learned a hard lesson back in 2012 after Sandy Hook and Obama wanting to ban shit. Took years for reloading supplies and ammo to normalize. Since then I have always kept a decent stock. Prices are completely ridiculous right now. Few months ago I saw this coming. Went through everything and snagged some primers. All I was low on at the time.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Been reloading my own ammo since 2011. Learned a hard lesson back in 2012 after Sandy Hook and Obama wanting to ban shit. Took years for reloading supplies and ammo to normalize. Since then I have always kept a decent stock. Prices are completely ridiculous right now. Few months ago I saw this coming. Went through everything and snagged some primers. All I was low on at the time.
Definitely might have to pick your brain some when I get into it a little more.

Been saving .223 brass the past few times Ive gone shooting just in case, and started looking into it, but havent pulled the trigger on a press yet. Definitely going to want a good one, was originally thinking a Dillon XL650 but I believe they just came out with a new one as well....

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Definitely might have to pick your brain some when I get into it a little more.

Been saving .223 brass the past few times Ive gone shooting just in case, and started looking into it, but havent pulled the trigger on a press yet. Definitely going to want a good one, was originally thinking a Dillon XL650 but I believe they just came out with a new one as well....
Yeah man, anytime. I run Hornady presses. Have both a single stage and progressive. Once setup the progressive is the bomb. Can't go wrong with Dillon though. They are $$$

I used to shoot way more then I do now. But have been trying to go more often. If you shoot a lot reloading will save you a ton. And I probably like reloading just as much as I like actual shooting.....lol

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, anytime. I run Hornady presses. Have both a single stage and progressive. Once setup the progressive is the bomb. Can't go wrong with Dillon though. They are $$$

I used to shoot way more then I do now. But have been trying to go more often. If you shoot a lot reloading will save you a ton. And I probably like reloading just as much as I like actual shooting.....lol
From everything Ive read about reloading it's just that youll spend the same amount of money but have more to shoot reloading.

Sounds about right.

I just think it will be something good to do while at home instead of sitting around watching TV.

I sat there one night depriming all the .223 brass I had out of boredom, went by just fine.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
From everything Ive read about reloading it's just that youll spend the same amount of money but have more to shoot reloading.

Sounds about right.

I just think it will be something good to do while at home instead of sitting around watching TV.

I sat there one night depriming all the .223 brass I had out of boredom, went by just fine.
Yeah, I definitely have no issues running through hundreds of rounds when I go out shooting. Would not be that way if I bought ammo, especially now.

I hand prime my brass so I just sit on the couch and watch TV while doing it. Makes the reloading process much faster when I sit down at the press. And it's cool getting to work up your own loads and shoot ammo you made.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Wasn't really in the market for any new guns besides a ruger 57, but a friend hit me with a killer deal on a bolt gun, so I pulled the trigger. 🥁

No pictures yet because I haven't actually picked it up from him, but it's a Savage Model 10T-SR 308 sitting in a Bell and Carlson Target/Competition stock. Harris HBRMS bipod, APA Gen 2 Little Bastard muzzle brake and a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to shoot my AR over the weekend and half ass sight it in on some steel. Now to let it sit in a case until ammo prices come down, maybe

Ordered up another half dozen pmags too 👍🏻

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Side note, I think my 300 pistol is the gun that's never going to be finished. decided on a linear comp because I want that honey badger "look" with a handguard over it. but now i can't decide on a handguard. i just keep fucking with it

whereas my 5.56 rifle? that thing is set up EXACTLY how I want it with no intention on ever changing it. BCM is the best BCM is the fastest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom