The official gun thread

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can take an antique gun to get appraised/learn more about it?
I received it from my grandma when she passed. It was her fathers who was a fur trapper along the des plains river. It’s from the late 1800s. I don’t know much about guns, but the story around it is pretty cool. My family used to own all the land where the giant UPS plant is in Hodgkins but he lost all the land gambling with the railroad (so the story goes anyways).
Even if it’s not worth anything, I’d like to get it cleaned up and display it. Growing up my grandma had it sitting alongside her big brick fireplace.

View attachment 69354

View attachment 69355

View attachment 69356
My dad has a ton of firearm value books and history books. I can ask him.

Do me a favor, can you email me the original photos so they’re the best quality for looking at the stamping marks? Whether uploaded to the site via the “attach files” or “images” they still get compressed and lose detail. Though the “images” hosting site does do a decent job compared to others.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Reaction score
My dad has a ton of firearm value books and history books. I can ask him.

Do me a favor, can you email me the original photos so they’re the best quality for looking at the stamping marks? Whether uploaded to the site via the “attach files” or “images” they still get compressed and lose detail. Though the “images” hosting site does do a decent job compared to others.
Absolutely, what’s your email?

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
My mom and aunt voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Voted Trump in 2016. Some of the shit they've said about the treatment of ACB the past week has solidified the fact they're voting straight R ticket this year. :rofl:

If you are a white conservative woman, you are subhuman to the left. But remember #believeallwomen and #yesallwomen

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Background check took 8 days to clear to allow me to bring home this weapon of war (it's a black rifle after all). Squirrels about to go down hard!

Gamo .177 Whisper

IMG_20201014_132848.jpg

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I bought a Gamo SilentCat up in Hayward, out of TruValue for $120 in 2015 or so. Walked in and out. They didn't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck I was from IL.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I bought a Gamo SilentCat up in Hayward, out of TruValue for $120 in 2015 or so. Walked in and out. They didn't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck I was from IL.
Had I known we needed a background check and waiting period, I would have just bought it in Wisconsin! I had no idea until the dude at Cabela's asked for my FOID.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not gunna lie. Besides the price, I was waffling HARD on a real Q Honey Badger. Guess what the ATF decided to do two weeks ago?

Classify it and its brace as an SBR.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Not gunna lie. Besides the price, I was waffling HARD on a real Q Honey Badger. Guess what the ATF decided to do two weeks ago?

Classify it and its brace as an SBR.
Supposedly it’s being looked into why the ATF decided that.... Hoping ACB gets put on the SCOTUS and these assholes start taking on some 2A cases finally.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
From what I read the Honey Badger paperwork didn’t get done on the company side and the ATF ruled against them. Also hearing rumors that the issue is being remedied right now.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I might as well do an at pistol before they make that illegal too, still need to finish my ar10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom