The official gun thread

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what "boogaloo" even refers to.

How about the IL AG look into the ISP about the FOID garbage?

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Got an email from Fenix that .223 ammo in 55g was back in stock, by the time I got to their site 5 minutes later it was sold out.

Was lucky enough to be on their site when I saw they just added 62g .223 to their inventory and got 500 rounds of it.

Now I just need to wait for the damn 9mm to get back.
I got that too about 2 hours ago. I see they are price gouging now as well like the rest.... just under $500 for a 1000 rounds of reloaded ammo. I wouldnt buy that even if it was in stock.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Essentially .45 a round.

He said when this all began that his prices would change if the price for his components changed. I am more than certain the prices for all the components did indeed go up, so of course his price will go up. I don't think at this point in time, .45 a round for .223 with Hornady projectiles and CCI primers constitutes "price gouging" though.

Yes, it is re-manufactured brass, but the other components used are more then good. I love shooting their ammo, no problem with it at all.

I essentially got Hornady Black Ammunition which my rifles LOVE running through, for .30 less per round than Hornady because of "reloaded" ammo.

Plus I used my 10% off coupon so it made it more worthwhile. :s00ls:

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
That ammo that showed up in stock was $495 for 1000 plus shipping of about $30. So basically about 52 cents a round. That is real bad, for reloaded. Dont care what materials he uses.

And people are buying it like crazy too, I guess things are getting desperate for some.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I see it as .45 a round, $450 for 1,000. :dunno:

It was .52 a round for the 62g ammunition which is essentially Hornady Black... Which is usually more like .80 a round at Cabelas before the Cook County fees.

Dont get me wrong, I love shooting .24 a round Wolf Gold as much as the next guy, but shit is gone everywhere, prices are way up, and reloading supplies are basically non-existent from what I can find.

So we'll have to agree to disagree on it, I'm more than fine with him using re-manufactured brass as long as it shoots great which it always has so I dont expect this to be any different. :dunno:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got an email from Fenix that .223 ammo in 55g was back in stock, by the time I got to their site 5 minutes later it was sold out.

Was lucky enough to be on their site when I saw they just added 62g .223 to their inventory and got 500 rounds of it.

Now I just need to wait for the damn 9mm to get back.
thankfully making up some 9mm now have tons of the rest of what i need.

IMG_20200806_220113128.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
There are many ways to prevent people from using guns. Pricey ammo is just one of them.

I'm more concerned about Biden saying he will put anti gun Beto in charge. Beto's even worse on gun rights than Biden.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A N.Y. AG is trying to disband the NRA. Listen to her charges. Bunch of trivial BS. Coincidentally, the NRA was planning on spending $70 mil on this election. Now, they may use that money to defend themselves. I'm sure that didn't figure into the AG's timing. The AG is using OUR money to pay for her attempt.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The NRA hasn’t done anything memorable to defend second amendment rights in the past decade, but this is still yet another bullshit political move to defeat trump at any cost. I’m still donating to the Firearm Policy Coalition and Gun Owners of America who are actively fighting in the courts for our rights. Your NRA dues just buy Wayne Lapierre some more fancy suits and help finance Trumps campaign.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
So i finally decided what I'm going to put my freebie octane 45 suppressor on. I put an order in for a CMMG Banshee 10mm in Slate finish. Seeing as the prices of 9mm are crazy inflated and none existent while 10mm seems unaffected it just makes sense to pick up one chambered in that round. Plus it's a pretty versatile round that is more available. Downside is that it will take 10-12 weeks to get from the manufacturer so more waiting it is :(

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I love my 10mm. I was tired of 9mm and graduated up to the .40 S/W. After finally getting the 10mm I rarely shoot the 40's now. Like it was said, they're versatile.. Target load them down to .40 levels, crank them up to .41 Magnum levels if you like. It's like the .308 of pistol cartridges, lol.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I love my 10mm. I was tired of 9mm and graduated up to the .40 S/W. After finally getting the 10mm I rarely shoot the 40's now. Like it was said, they're versatile.. Target load them down to .40 levels, crank them up to .41 Magnum levels if you like. It's like the .308 of pistol cartridges, lol.
Yeah that's what kinda sold me on it plus my .45 can is more optimal for it. I was going to get the 9mm banshee but after seeing the prices of 9mm go through the roof and that 10mm has remained the same I thought it would be worth getting. I've got enough 9mm stocked up for my pistols so why not go 10mm since I can still find the ammo for a reasonable price. I just won't have the banshee for 2-3 months but I can wait.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I like that the 10mm isn't "that" much volatile than a 40. Yeah a little more snap and bang, but totally can totally live with it.

Right after I broke my wrist the doctor said to give it some exercise to free it up. Went to the range with a 9mm, .357, and my Ruger Super Redhawk .44mag with a 7.5" barrel and proceeded to "free up" my wrist with recoil, lol. Hey, it worked. The next week's checkup showed I had gained more than 75% flexion in that week's time. He was impressed.

The next week I went back with my .45-70 Contender to get that last 20-25% and promptly got told I couldn't shoot that hand cannon at their range, their backstop couldn't handle the energy, hahahaha.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
What also encouraged my decision was that when I bought my .40 reloading dies I made sure they were 10mm capable, since same diameter, just a bit longer. All I needed was brass, already had large pistol primers, 180g RN and 180g FP copper plated bullets, and various powders to test with.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what kinda sold me on it plus my .45 can is more optimal for it. I was going to get the 9mm banshee but after seeing the prices of 9mm go through the roof and that 10mm has remained the same I thought it would be worth getting. I've got enough 9mm stocked up for my pistols so why not go 10mm since I can still find the ammo for a reasonable price. I just won't have the banshee for 2-3 months but I can wait.
For the 10mm, if you can find it, I've had really good accuracy with the Sig Sauer 10mm 180g ammo:
1597177884070.png

The next best, which is just as accurate, but less energy/slower is the ARMSCOR 10mm 180g:
1597177828848.png

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They had freedom week before and then some judge challenged it and got it rolled back. We’ll see how long this one lasts.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is also why I give my money to Firearm Policy Coalition. They brought this suit in California and have an active case going against Trumps bumpstock executive order. Meanwhile all the NRA has done is fire their whole marketing department, get sued for fraud and squander away 64 million dollars over the past three years. Could have made an actual difference with that much money.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
That ruling is surprising coming out of the 9th circus.
You can guarantee that it will be appealed though.
Hopefully CA will have another Freedom Week where people can buy the mags before a "stay" is put in place to ban them again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom