The official gun thread

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I really need to look into reloading my own shit more. I have a ton of spent brass to process, just need to buy the press and all that shit.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I really need a turret press, at least for sizing/resizing/trimming. Shit gets old doing each. fucking. stage. just. to. shape. the. damn. brass. one. at. a. time. 300. times.
Yeah, I always said if I bought a press it would be a turret.... Just could never decide between a Dillon or Hornady.

Would be nice to be able to shoot 300BLK for a somewhat reasonable price.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
The Dillon progressive I have is a lot nicer press in terms of the primer feed and system (the all in one vs the locking bushings) IMO.

That said if I were going to buy a turret today it'd be the Lee Classic Turret. My buddy had one, it's an extremely solid value for the spend. I would probably avoid the manual indexing or get one of the improved versions I've heard they sell in the aftermarket. I'd also give one of the Lymans consideration.

In terms of support I'd go RCBS or Dillon over Hornady. Hornady made me pay to fix their shitty priming system because I wasn't an original owner. Still isn't that great of a priming system tbh.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
As others have said now is a terrible time to get a 300blk gun. Also if the budget allows I would consider going with something from Aero Precision, much higher quality but still semi budget friendly.

If your looking for a gun you can actually get ammo for I’d consider an AKM. PSA has actually come a long way with the quality of their AKs, specifically the GF3 versions with the hammer forged components. They even have some of the pistol versions available right now.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Just waiting on the adaptor to be able to slap this on the Bren. Really like the construction and feel of the ACR stock. Has a nice sealed battery compartment inside the stock as well.

9C35FC69-00E8-4F74-8CB4-798E58CB8747.jpeg

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Whered you get n how much? I wouldnt mind one for my sig556

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
there ain't shit at any of mchenry's 6 gun store's anyways. probably easier to get niche wildcat shit than anything else right now :rofl:
Everything everywhere is practically sold out. When it comes in stock it gets sold right away. At least that's been the case with me. I've had to turn customers away because there's no stock anywhere. I've had customers want certain products and it'd take a couple weeks before MAYBE getting it ordered. When Aero Precision releases inventory, it's sold out within the hour.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how many places are out of stock, both brick & mortar and online. Even my 10mm that rarely sells out is pretty much gone.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I need some primers. The only reason I have a chance is I need magnum large rifle.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I need some primers. The only reason I have a chance is I need magnum large rifle.
Here is 5000 Federal for $201

Or Remington for $194

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm good on 10mm for now. Think I have about 1500 rounds of factory ammo, and can reload another 500 if necessary. With the covid restrictions I haven't been going to my dad's to shoot, so not using up any ammo either.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Got an email from Fenix that .223 ammo in 55g was back in stock, by the time I got to their site 5 minutes later it was sold out.

Was lucky enough to be on their site when I saw they just added 62g .223 to their inventory and got 500 rounds of it.

Now I just need to wait for the damn 9mm to get back.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Got an email from Fenix that .223 ammo in 55g was back in stock, by the time I got to their site 5 minutes later it was sold out.

Was lucky enough to be on their site when I saw they just added 62g .223 to their inventory and got 500 rounds of it.

Now I just need to wait for the damn 9mm to get back.
Damn, hard to believe it is just flying out of stock that quickly.

They ever say what happened to their social media accounts? I don't follow them, but recall someone saying that they were suspended or something?

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Damn, hard to believe it is just flying out of stock that quickly.

They ever say what happened to their social media accounts? I don't follow them, but recall someone saying that they were suspended or something?

Looks like it was part of the "boogaloo" shit on social media.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom