The official gun thread

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sell a handgun to a family member? Is it as simple as bill of sale and valid foid?

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sell a handgun to a family member? Is it as simple as bill of sale and valid foid?
Family or not its private sale. And need to follow procedures in below website. Its very easy. Fill in the info an print.

TO DETERMINE THE VALIDITY OF A FOID CARD FOR A FIREARM TRANSFER AND RECEIVE A TRANSFER APPROVAL NUMBER, please enter the FOID card number and data of birth of the person (buyer/transferee) to whom you will be transferring the firearm. Approved firearm transfers will be issued an approval number, which are to be retained for a period of 10 years.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Guy at work asked how I liked the 45, cuz he was looking to get their 9mm. Told him I ran 500 rounds with no issues, and friends love their 9mm.

But he says he cant find 9mm in stock for a decent price anywhere. Hes just looking to stock up on range ammo.
You're not lying. I love their ammo. I know they're working like crazy over at Fenix and have even bought more machines to keep running, but I believe his current issue is getting the materials he needs to keep manufacturing.

lastls1

Reaction score
I just mean for the first one get a standard 223/556. Standard ammo and easier to find at any gun store or range. Everyone has it.

Pre pandemic of course

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Have fun spending a buck a round on 300blk now too if you're just getting into one and have no ammo.

Get a 556/223
Basically this. Every billy bad ass (including me) has been building 300BLK pistols/rifles for the better part of a couple years. Right now is NOT a good time to build one merely because ammo was already "difficult" to get a hold of, now it's nonexistent and more expensive than 308. I think I've got about 600 rounds of 300 and half of it was made after the initial COVID craze when prices started climbing but wasn't what it is now.

Get a 5.56 or a 308 rifle first. It's not "easy" to get that ammo but it's far more widespread in much larger quantities for cheaper.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Basically this. Every billy bad ass (including me) has been building 300BLK pistols/rifles for the better part of a couple years. Right now is NOT a good time to build one merely because ammo was already "difficult" to get a hold of, now it's nonexistent and more expensive than 308.

Get a 5.56 or a 308 gun first. It's not "Easy" to get that ammo but it's far more widespread in much larger quantities for cheaper.

right now is not the time to get fucking anything gun related. :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Correct but a mass produced milsurplus round vs a niche wildcat round? Have fun with that one.

there ain't shit at any of mchenry's 6 gun store's anyways. probably easier to get niche wildcat shit than anything else right now :rofl:

lastls1

Reaction score
right now is not the time to get fucking anything gun related. :rofl:
This. I haven’t seen ammo in the stores I frequent in weeks. Go online and reloaded shitty 9mm is like 50 cents or more a round. The normal ammo I shoot for target practice is nearly 80 cents or more a round.

This blows.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nah, I went to Marengo Guns and they had a table full of 9/5.56/22/45 and one 20 box of 300 for $35. Even Fox River Ammo had 100rnd bags of various stuff there, too.

My dad stopped in at OnTarget and bought 100 5.56 couple weeks ago.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
This. I haven’t seen ammo in the stores I frequent in weeks. Go online and reloaded shitty 9mm is like 50 cents or more a round. The normal ammo I shoot for target practice is nearly 80 cents or more a round.

This blows.

my bro in law wanted to sell me shit before he moves... then he saw what it was selling for elsewhere, and now he chose the make money route instead of hook a brotha up route.

:rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nah, I went to Marengo Guns and they had a table full of 9/5.56/22/45 and one 20 box of 300 for $35. Even Fox River Ammo had 100rnd bags of various stuff there, too.

My dad stopped in at OnTarget and bought 100 5.56 couple weeks ago.

weird none of those turdshops are in mchenry

buttslut

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I would pass on the 300BLK as well if you dont already have a .223/5.56.

I love mine, but the rounds are expensive and half the fun of having a 300BLK is making it a pistol and having a suppressor, but IL sucks dick and wont let us own one.

Still fun to shoot subsonic rounds through mine though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom