The official gun thread

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
So I went to the Jewel by my work to get groceries and I saw they have a no carry sign in the doorway, but I’m confused on it and hope to get some feedback from you all....

I thought the signs had to have a white background, and also even though thishas the statue on it but also says “this applies only to on duty Jewel-Osco associates and vendors” on it so I don’t know if I should just not carry in Jewel, shops elsewhere, or carry and not give a crap because I’m not an associate or vendor?

8BD12D83-7626-4250-8CE2-34EF8A0C7DCC.jpeg

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
So I went to the Jewel by my work to get groceries and I saw they have a no carry sign in the doorway, but I’m confused on it and hope to get some feedback from you all....

I thought the signs had to have a white background, and also even though thishas the statue on it but also says “this applies only to on duty Jewel-Osco associates and vendors” on it so I don’t know if I should just not carry in Jewel, shops elsewhere, or carry and not give a crap because I’m not an associate or vendor?

View attachment 62515
I am in grocery stores al the time and asked this question during my cc class. You can carry at Jewel if you are a customer. As a vendor, I can’t carry. Take off my work shirt then I can carry. From my understanding you can also carry in Walmart. Most independent grocery stores are a no go. I have been checking everywhere I go.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
How much trouble can you get into if you carry at the mall and a mall cop sees your gun ?

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
At most you can be trespassed. That's about it. If you come back to a location you've been trespassed at, then you can be arrested at the discretion of the property owner.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Just waiting on the fingerprint forms to come in and I’ll be eFiling a Form 1 Individual to SBR my Bren 2. Now need CZ to start selling the stocks.

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score

View attachment 62515
It's exactly what you probably interpreted it as. They don't want employees or vendors carrying. It's a cover-your-ass measure in case some employee starts blasting during a robbery/etc. I don't agree with it, but I understand where they're coming from and appreciate that they don't extend that to customers as well.

My mom posted those "no carry" signs in all her stores(fast food) and I was pissed. Her response was "well, I have to!"

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys used UTG scopes before? Looking for something mildot at about 300ish and there doesn't seem to be a ton of options; Everyone wants to sell you their proprietary reticles in their scopes.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score

View attachment 62515
My jewel has the same image but it does NOT say only associates and vendors. I just carry anyways. At most they'll ask me to either not do so in the future, and/or ask me to leave.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Finally got around to checking headspace on my AR’s and as expected the Aero that importcrew importcrew built passed go and no-go, the Core15 Scout that I got from DLD failed go with both the BCG that came with it and with the Axts BCG that’s in the Aero (both bolts were stripped down). The Core chambers, feeds and ejects everything just fine, not sure if I’m being overly paranoid but I’ve been around more than my share of catastrophic failures and don’t want it happening again.
Waiting to hear back from Core to see where we go from here, most likely going to have the upper shipped back to get it fixed since it’s got a lifetime warranty.

This is the go gauge with the BCG that came with it
IMG_8934.jpg

AXTS BCG from the Aero
IMG_8935.jpg

Doesn’t look like the barrel is milled down entirely (excuse the lint).
IMG_8936.jpg

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to checking headspace on my AR’s and as expected the Aero that importcrew importcrew built passed go and no-go, the Core15 Scout that I got from DLD failed go with both the BCG that came with it and with the Axts BCG that’s in the Aero (both bolts were stripped down). The Core chambers, feeds and ejects everything just fine, not sure if I’m being overly paranoid but I’ve been around more than my share of catastrophic failures and don’t want it happening again.
Waiting to hear back from Core to see where we go from here, most likely going to have the upper shipped back to get it fixed since it’s got a lifetime warranty.

This is the go gauge with the BCG that came with it
View attachment 62885

AXTS BCG from the Aero
View attachment 62886

Doesn’t look like the barrel is milled down entirely (excuse the lint).
View attachment 62887
I always check as well, never had one fail though... keep us in the loop!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
does the bolt rotate freely when you cycle it? the chamber was probably reamed too shallow.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
does the bolt rotate freely when you cycle it? the chamber was probably reamed too shallow.
Yes and yes, it looks like it’s too shallow.
It’s odd because it feeds fine from a mag when the action is slammed in like normal.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score

View attachment 62515
Legally, that sign won't hold up. It needs to be specific and match the law. White with logo and law # in corner. If we have to follow laws to a tee, businesses do as well.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Buddy who took CC class with my Wife 5 weeks ago, rcvd his CC today. He did no fingerprints and has some shit on his record, similar to me.
Not sure how the hell he got his so damn fast. My Nephew has been waiting 11 months because he has a battery case that was thrown out.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
I consider myself an above average Intelligent human being, but I swear the FL application instructions are vague AF or written while drunk :confused:
Agreed as I have the cert, but need to go to Niles PD to do prints

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom