The official gun thread

Nay_Sayer

Reaction score
What's the general consensus here on the Taurus G3 and does anyone know of a local gun shop that has one in stock?

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
If anyone is on the fence about working with importcrew importcrew I’d say hop the fence and give the guy some business.
He does good work and even threw in a BAD lever that’s now in my carbine.

Aero M4E1 lower
SS 16” mid length 223 Wylde barrel
VG6 Epsilon muzzle brake
Axts BCG
Aero Atlas R-one handguard
BCM 4x4 ambi charge handle (because tendon damage in my index finger)

Added;
MOE+ grip
ACS-L stock
FDE flip ups on the way

Sig Romeo 5 red dot
Vortex 3x magnifier

Strike Industries LINK angled “grip” (more like a hand stop) should be here this week. I have one on my other rifle and it’s awesome.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I finally got my freebie SilencerCo Octane 45 suppressor from the summer of 2018 bogo promo sale. It took them 1 year to catch up on the free cans and then another 11 months to get my tax stamp. Now I need to buy a 9mm subgun I want to mount this on. Any recommendations? I really like the cmmg banshee but they are pricey.

E064D429-B5F0-49F3-9DD5-5484B604524A.jpeg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
oh god where to even begin with that thought. You could be talking anything from a janky MAC based whatever to a SIG or CZ Scorpion.

If you wanted something a bit off the beaten path a .38/.357 lever gun is awesome and a Camp 9 would be fun as well. If I had a can that was for 9mm I'd sure as hell be doing the lever gun too.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Finally got out and shot my AR at a 100 yard range and sighted in my scope. Holy shit is it a struggle for me to keep the sight picture clear without falling out of the eye box on 6x magnification. It was a little better switched to left handed shooting, since I’m left eye dominant, but still a real struggle. I liked the idea of the LPVO but I might need to switch it up.

Anyone have experience with an LPVO vs a red dot w/ magnifier? Are the magnifiers a little more forgiving when it comes to the eye box?

6470F152-6FF8-40DC-92FC-77ACE2DD989A.jpeg

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Are you talking about the eye relief? At just 6x, I'm surprised it's that bad.
It could be the scope. What kind of scope is that? I tried to zoom in on the pic, but I still can't see.
If you back off the magnification to 4x, is it still a problem or does it improve?

I have a Vortex red dot with a removable magnifier. It doesn't have the issues with eye relief that a scope does, but it also doesn't work as well as a scope in regards to accuracy.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Yeah it’s just difficult to keep my eye lined up with where it needs to be to not have an obstructed view at 6x. It does get better at lower magnification.

It’s a Primary Arms Gen 2 1-6x24. I liked the ACSS reticle they have so went this route though it is a budget scope for sure.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I finally got my freebie SilencerCo Octane 45 suppressor from the summer of 2018 bogo promo sale. It took them 1 year to catch up on the free cans and then another 11 months to get my tax stamp. Now I need to buy a 9mm subgun I want to mount this on. Any recommendations? I really like the cmmg banshee but they are pricey.

View attachment 58142
Cz scorpion fosho

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Anyone in on that FDE Sig Sauer M17? Thinking of doing that right now, it's almost sold out. Haven't done a DLD in about 3 or 4 months.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
0 for 15 on DLD now.

Lost out on a CZ P10C and the Holosun red dot and magnifier. I’m in on the PPQ Q4 Tac that is down to two seats. Going to take some time off after that one...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom