The official gun thread

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Sportsman guide I was basing on how they used to have a whole section of their catalog committed to “we don’t call 911” and “these colors don’t run” T-shirts’ :rofl:
Oh lol, I was going to say because sportsman’s guide has actually been cheaper than most places for ammo including brownells

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I talk shit, but as a kid I deep down wanted some of those shirts because I thought they were badass. 10 year old me walking around in a “We don’t call 911” tshirt with a smoking revolver on it. Let motherfuckers know what’s up at our house.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
If you have an IL CCL it seems background checks are taking no time at all. At least my FFL said he's getting approved's withing seconds for those.

I picked up this past Thursday from him and it was under 10 seconds for sure, which was quite contradictory to what ShootPointBlank Mokena told me as I was pickup up a stripped lower from them the same day.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you have an IL CCL it seems background checks are taking no time at all. At least my FFL said he's getting approved's withing seconds for those.

I picked up this past Thursday from him and it was under 10 seconds for sure, which was quite contradictory to what ShootPointBlank Mokena told me as I was pickup up a stripped lower from them the same day.
ohRLYYYYYY

well maybe i will get something sooner then later :rofl:

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
Background checks, okay. Renewals? Still waiting since I submitted mine on 2/4/2020. No idea what's taking so long, and you can't reach them. Emailed and tried calling a few times.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
ohRLYYYYYY

well maybe i will get something sooner then later :rofl:
My buddy stopped by the same FFL over the weekend and was instantly approved as well, so our group assumption is CCLers move quickly.

Background checks, okay. Renewals? Still waiting since I submitted mine on 2/4/2020. No idea what's taking so long, and you can't reach them. Emailed and tried calling a few times.
You're another 30+ days out (closer to 45 now, I'd wager) from anything hitting your mailbox.

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
My buddy stopped by the same FFL over the weekend and was instantly approved as well, so our group assumption is CCLers move quickly.

You're another 30+ days out (closer to 45 now, I'd wager) from anything hitting your mailbox.
Glad I printed out my confirmation and receipt. The whole FOID thing is a joke.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to go to a range with everyone being off work, who knows what kind of "nevershotbeforelookatmehitthewallhitthefloorfucktards" will be going because they ran out and bought their first gun
We usually go with three of us and get two lanes next to another and the third person reloads and watches out for idiots....

I hate being a narc, but if youre doing stupid shit in the range the RSO will be notified.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you were going, what their ammo prices and stock have been doing. They seemed reasonable when was there

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with kicking someone out who is flagging people and doing dangerous shit with a firearm. Reminds me of that TCG range get together a couple years ago where dude's girlfriend loaded a round backwards into a magazine so the rim got shoved into the barrel of whatever rented gun they have. He then proceeds to turn around and point the gun at Outlaw Outlaw saying "can you fix this?"

Can't remember if he ever came back.

lefty

Reaction score
I was at the range and the guy in the lane against the wall hit the wall twice within 10 yards. 1st time he goes, " I think I hit the wall" I yell out "yeah you fucking did" 2 shots later I yelled out, "the fucking wall is dead, you just hit it again" they packed up and left. How the fuck do you hit the wall? Now I go with a group from work and rent one side of a range or if I'm solo I watch the people before I rent and request to go on the side that is more empty if I stay. I've left ranges a few times as I seen shit I didn't like.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with kicking someone out who is flagging people and doing dangerous shit with a firearm. Reminds me of that TCG range get together a couple years ago where dude's girlfriend loaded a round backwards into a magazine so the rim got shoved into the barrel of whatever rented gun they have. He then proceeds to turn around and point the gun at Outlaw Outlaw saying "can you fix this?"

Can't remember if he ever came back.
Would love a TCG range day to have everyone meet up as long as we know the people coming arent going to do something stupid like that.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I was at the range and the guy in the lane against the wall hit the wall twice within 10 yards. 1st time he goes, " I think I hit the wall" I yell out "yeah you fucking did" 2 shots later I yelled out, "the fucking wall is dead, you just hit it again" they packed up and left. How the fuck do you hit the wall? Now I go with a group from work and rent one side of a range or if I'm solo I watch the people before I rent and request to go on the side that is more empty if I stay. I've left ranges a few times as I seen shit I didn't like.
I try to rent the suite at Fox Valley whenever possible. Gets me completely away from anyone.

I need to take their defensive Pistol #1 class so then I can be certified to draw from a holster in the suites as well.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Didnt the range officer get shot on the leg on that one?
I believe he was not hit but it was damn close.....

Seen videos of idiots shooting themselves in the face on the range. I don't know how these people don't understand to not look down the barrel of a gun, even it if jammed.

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
My last trip to the range, which has been years, was Rinks down in Lockport. Old school, hand wheel crank and cable system for the targets. Guy next to me was resting his left thumb on the hammer of his revolver and was using the momentum of the gun coming down after recoil to cock the hammer for the next shot. Twice he did that with his finger on the trigger and it fired into the ceiling about 10' in front of the stall. Was watching the soot and dust fall each time.

The second time I asked if maybe he should get an instructor to show him proper weapon handling. Started to get lippy, so I shot some hot .357's out of my S&W 586... about 14g of Alliant 2400 with 125g plated bullets makes for a helluva muzzle and cylinder flash. He proceeded to move to a lane further away. I finished up my last few shots and let the RO know they had a reckless shooter on the range.

BeerOrGasoline

Reaction score
My last trip to the range, which has been years, was Rinks down in Lockport. Old school, hand wheel crank and cable system for the targets. Guy next to me was resting his left thumb on the hammer of his revolver and was using the momentum of the gun coming down after recoil to cock the hammer for the next shot. Twice he did that with his finger on the trigger and it fired into the ceiling about 10' in front of the stall. Was watching the soot and dust fall each time.

The second time I asked if maybe he should get an instructor to show him proper weapon handling. Started to get lippy, so I shot some hot .357's out of my S&W 586... about 14g of Alliant 2400 with 125g plated bullets makes for a helluva muzzle and cylinder flash. He proceeded to move to a lane further away. I finished up my last few shots and let the RO know they had a reckless shooter on the range.

That place is interesting as fuck, all my experiences have there have been meh, and I swear you leave the lanes with lung cancer.

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
They used to be decent for gun prices. I know my dad had bought a few guns there, and two of my friends each bought their Springfield XDm 4.5" 9mm's there. Beat G.A.T.'s pricing by more than $50. However they wanted a ridiculous amount for a Glock 24, way over MSRP since they were no longer produced. I ended getting a used one at Cabela's of all places that was basically NIB with some upgrades (extended mag release, lightened striker, lighter trigger spring) for about $300 less than what Rink's wanted. Shit, Cabela's didn't even know what they had and I got it for a steal. Only thing I had to do with it was swap the rear sight. Someone put a ghost ring rear sight on it. Good for fast target acquisition, but was shit for accuracy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom