The official MKV Supra thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
dont like the q60?
Not really. The “improvements” over the G really aren’t much. Initially I liked the G but over time that’s waned. Lots of road noise, small cargo capacity, lousy mileage...

I test drove a Q60 and wasn’t impressed.

If I had the $$$ I’d get an LC500, but I read the infotainment is years behind others.

I’m tempted to go from 2-door to 4-door with a used LS460. RoninAMG RoninAMG had two of them and they’re a whole order magnitude above what Nissan/Infinity have as a comparison.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I will say, I like the sound the exhaust makes, and it’s stock. It’s a coupe so it’s louder than the sedan. Every time I hear it it brings a smile to my face. I didn’t think it was that loud until i had the g/f drive it while I followed. Such a nice smooth sound that’s unique but not obtrusive.

I’ve considered getting the IPL mufflers but don’t want to invest the money, lol.

The Audi A5 caught my attention too. I like Mooks suggestion of a TT-RS ????, but it’s out of my budget. Anything I get would be lightly used.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Mook’s suggestion?

giphy.gif

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Have you considered the Jaguar f-type? it comes in convertible or coupe (coupe is my choice) with either a potent supercharged six cylinder or a supercharged v8 (I have the same engine in my XF) and one of the best sounding exhausts. They can be had affordably in the used market and most of their consumables (filters etc) are ford based.
17_jaguar_f_type_r_coupe_002001529261022596.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Have you considered the Jaguar f-type? it comes in convertible or coupe (coupe is my choice) with either a potent supercharged six cylinder or a supercharged v8 (I have the same engine in my XF) and one of the best sounding exhausts. They can be had affordably in the used market and most of their consumables (filters etc) are ford based.
17_jaguar_f_type_r_coupe_002001529261022596.jpg
I remember the original Top Gear trio testing this, Clarkson if I am correct, and he said he'd have the six instead of the eight, based on the lovely sounds that it makes.

Yup:

Only problem is that with the way the exhaust crackles off-throttle no one is going to know you're in a Jaguar. They're gonna think you're in some Chevy Sonic or Ford FoST or FiST with a shit tune.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Q70 is junk compared to any of the german cars you are looking at (yea im also including the supra in that not as a joke), thats out of the mouth of an infiniti sales guy when I was test driving an rs3 lol

The TT-RS is an awesome car, but given your track record of cars and if you are gonna push it, I don't think you are gonna be happy given the massive fwd bias and transverse mount motor.

What happened to the GT4 718??? Or am I confusing people here

TTRS command 10-15k over an RS3 new but is the preferred performer over the rs3, however I'd suggest reading the car and driver lightning lap reviews and videos of on the track performance.

Not sure what you are looking for out of the next car

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Q70 is junk compared to any of the german cars you are looking at (yea im also including the supra in that not as a joke), thats out of the mouth of an infiniti sales guy when I was test driving an rs3 lol

The TT-RS is an awesome car, but given your track record of cars and if you are gonna push it, I don't think you are gonna be happy given the massive fwd bias and transverse mount motor.

What happened to the GT4 718??? Or am I confusing people here

TTRS command 10-15k over an RS3 new but is the preferred performer over the rs3, however I'd suggest reading the car and driver lightning lap reviews and videos of on the track performance.

Not sure what you are looking for out of the next car

thanks for the information on the tt-rs. i will be doing an occasional track day/ auto cross with whatever i end up with. Yes i was the one who looked at the GT4, previous model though, 120k for a 718 gt4..... thats not really a tweener car. that would replace the z06 i have money on.

I may look at a 2-3 year old Porsche 911 carrera for a tweener now, good time to test the water on the "P" life before i close the deal on the z06.

something like this one

im bastardizing the supra thread now. time to start this conversation else where i suppose.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
thanks for the information on the tt-rs. i will be doing an occasional track day/ auto cross with whatever i end up with. Yes i was the one who looked at the GT4, previous model though, 120k for a 718 gt4..... thats not really a tweener car. that would replace the z06 i have money on.

I may look at a 2-3 year old Porsche 911 carrera for a tweener now, good time to test the water on the "P" life before i close the deal on the z06.

something like this one

im bastardizing the supra thread now. time to start this conversation else where i suppose.
Don't get me wrong the TTRS is an awesome car I'd definitely go test drive one and see if it gives you a feeling, just letting you know what you are getting into compared to the rest of the field. Its a 400hp 3200lb awd car that only ran ~2 seconds faster than the supra at VIR on a 3 minute lap time. They run mid-high 11s stock and respond crazy well to even minor mods.

I drove a 2016 base Carerra pdk across the country from CA to Chicago ~3,000 miles and it was absolutely incredible. I can't imagine the higher performance models... I couldn't believe the change of the cars character pressing the sport button.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Don't get me wrong the TTRS is an awesome car I'd definitely go test drive one and see if it gives you a feeling, just letting you know what you are getting into compared to the rest of the field. Its a 400hp 3200lb awd car that only ran ~2 seconds faster than the supra at VIR on a 3 minute lap time. They run mid-high 11s stock and respond crazy well to even minor mods.

I drove a 2016 base Carerra pdk across the country from CA to Chicago ~3,000 miles and it was absolutely incredible. I can't imagine the higher performance models... I couldn't believe the change of the cars character pressing the sport button.

thats cool to hear. Im going to see about driving one here in the next couple of days. ive been told to make sure it has the sports chronos package if i plan to do some track days / auto cross

Reactions: The Broken Regal

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

something like this one

That blue porsche is fucking gorgous! Do it!! Check out Porsche dealers anywhere from Baltimore south to Richmond VA. Ill pickup at BWI DCA or Dulles airports and you can drive home.

That goes for any type of dealer around the Wash DC DMV area too. Everything about an house from my house.

Reactions: J-LO

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
That blue porsche is fucking gorgous! Do it!! Check out Porsche dealers anywhere from Baltimore south to Richmond VA. Ill pickup at BWI DCA or Dulles airports and you can drive home.

That goes for any type of dealer around the Wash DC DMV area too. Everything about an house from my house.
have an appointment for this weekend to get a closer look at it.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood

they sold the blue one on me fawkers!!!!!!!!!!

• Angry
Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
There will be a lot more very soon. For 2021 there is a new stripped out model with a 4 cylinder.
and then of course the z4 will tank in price from deprecation and dudes will figure out to swap body panels with mk5 supra.

Huh? Cosmetically they share like nothing with the BMW. Im sure the Supra aftermarket has alot more support than the BMW sibling.

Alot more Supras Id agree we should start seeing but now itll be like running up on a Mustang. Could be an ecoboost or a boosted 800hp GT. It might be hard to tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info