The official MKV Supra thread

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Be that guy.
Well as you know , i went and looked at one today. 2020 Launch edition. It is a much better looking car in person than from photos, and the Launch edition added some nice touches to the interior. its to bad its down all that hp to a 2021 model that is currently available at dealers . I am guessing BMW purposely held that motor back so the Z4 could have a chance at sales, but leaves dealers only capable of selling 2020 models to those who dont know now. lucky for me it wasnt a 2021, was tempted.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
ok the blue 2021 a91 edition has my attention LOL...... question is the 50hp and suspension upgrads worth the 10k? because a 2020 launch edition can be had for 48k

Bru Bru is this car worth buying (knowing ill buy the 75 mirror fix?)

How comfortable are you playing with the tune on a warrantied car? Seems pretty easy to pick up 40-50 hp with a tune and exhaust on the 2020. I drove a 2020 and 2021 a few weeks apart and couldn’t tell the difference in suspension tuning, granted only street driving and not track. The little braces they added from the BMW seem to be an easy grab too.

I still don’t see much value in this car for $50k unless you’re smitten with it’s looks, which is fine, or if you plan to modify, which they seem to respond well to. Basically, there’s no objective performance justification I see buying this over a track package Camaro/Mustang. Anything else (uniqueness, styling, nostalgia) you’re on your own :rofl:

Personally, I think it’s an awkward, weirdly proportioned cop-out replacement to building a proper Supra successor. I’d rather have an 86 with more power.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Thanks Bru Bru for your input, i agree it probably shouldn't have been called a supra, being a bmw and all . I have driven the M40 Z4 and its plenty quick, tried to get the wife to buy it , but she chose to stay with her mx-5. I am not a big mustang or camaro fan, had the gt350 and sold it within 6 months for the z06, not sure i could ever go back that route.

its odd that i say that the market doesn't have much that excites me in the <$60k price range, but that's exactly where i am at with this tweener car (still have deposit on z06). unless the z06 gets announced soon for early next year, i wont make it without this tweener car.

other options im considering are a couple of 718 gts , one a boxster and one a cayman, both are 10-20k more than these and are 2 years old

M2, only about 10k more but , i dont know , its not a pretty car either.

what to do, what to do.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Thanks Bru Bru for your input, i agree it probably shouldn't have been called a supra, being a bmw and all . I have driven the M40 Z4 and its plenty quick, tried to get the wife to buy it , but she chose to stay with her mx-5. I am not a big mustang or camaro fan, had the gt350 and sold it within 6 months for the z06, not sure i could ever go back that route.

its odd that i say that the market doesn't have much that excites me in the <$60k price range, but that's exactly where i am at with this tweener car (still have deposit on z06). unless the z06 gets announced soon for early next year, i wont make it without this tweener car.

other options im considering are a couple of 718 gts , one a boxster and one a cayman, both are 10-20k more than these and are 2 years old

M2, only about 10k more but , i dont know , its not a pretty car either.

what to do, what to do.
I really wanted to like the car, but it’s falling short of a lot of people’s expectations. Was strongly considering it as a replacement to my G37 coupe, but I’m not really gaining much except more sporty handing, which around here doesn’t mean much.

I’m leaning towards a Lexus RC lately.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
I really wanted to like the car, but it’s falling short of a lot of people’s expectations. Was strongly considering it as a replacement to my G37 coupe, but I’m not really gaining much except more sporty handing, which around here doesn’t mean much.

I’m leaning towards a Lexus RC lately.

dont like the q60?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info