The official MKV Supra thread

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Cant believe local dealer has 15k markup on this thing. Are they even selling very well?
I don't think they sell as well as the launch editions did so I'd imagine you'll start seeing those markups coming down pretty fast. That is unless Toyota slows down production to restrict supply and keep the appearance of demand high.

Reactions: Rent Free

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

Don't know if this is a repost. These guys took a 2020 Supra engine and seem to have done a lot of work to it then took it to the dyno. It made 1Kish HP at 42 PSI. Why the hell am I wholly unimpressed with that? I mean a 20YO 2JZ could have done that easily. My buddy's basic bitch 2JZ (head cleanup, cam) did 690 to the tire with 27 PSI and a 67! Not only that but they converted it to standard port injection vs the direct injection. I hope there's a hell of a lot more in this engine tbh, that's gonna be a let down otherwise.

ED:I skimmed this, someone in the comments is saying it made 850 at 15 PSI. If so that's damn impressive and they need to figure out what their problem is. I mean 42 PSI is a pressure ratio of 3.85 which means as a rough estimate you'd be talking an engine that made 260HP N/A. They're floating valve train, have a horrid tuning or EMS error (like it's pulling timing at high boost) or have a way too small turbo or similar. Something's gotta be up if that's the case. HP gain per PSI of boost shouldn't roll off like that without signs. Making 850 at 15 PSI infers 425ish N/A and at 42 PSI that'd be 1636.25hp.

Last edited:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There are 4 Supras on display - these two abortions and then two stock cars (one yellow and one dark blue).

itbGgYa.jpg

Reactions: The Beast

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You guys think those two cars actually look good?

The red one looks like it has the wing, some kind of fender vent thingy, and wheels on it. The fender vent thingy looks a little odd. But the doors back looks stock with a nice looking wing on it. I am usually not a fan of wings but it isn't horrible. I think it adds to the look for sure. The wheels look great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info