Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well theyre in the 11s, at least via Dragy.

https://www.facebook.com/officialamsperformance/videos/409490346351466

IdfxY1s.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
That is on a stock tune?

I saw some videos of bloggers running the BMW & Toyota and the Toyota pulled pretty hard on the BMW. So I don't doubt the claimed numbers are a little low. Or the Toyota has a meatier curve under the peak numbers.
No. That was with a tune and something else I forget.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
From Geo -

It went [email protected] with a Boostlogic downpipe and a Hydra Motor Works tune and 93 octane pump gas and OEM tires.

Yesterday we added some MS109 and an AEM Methanol injection kit but didn’t have the time to turn it up with those changes. There was a 100lb weight reduction in the driver but it trapped about the same as it did on the street the day before.

The most important change was the R888 tires allowing the car to apply all the power available immediately.

I expect to be able to take advantage of the extra octane and cooling over the next few weeks as we learn more about this platform.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Little worried about the maintenance and repair on the engine.

BMW owners know about repair costs of BMW. Returning Toyota owners are not accustomed to the repair costs of a BMW. Anyone buying a Toyota is not expecting costly BMW repairs. I think we will see a lot of cheap used Supra on the market when the warranty is up. No matter how popular the Supra may become, no one is going to risk the repair costs and pay a lot for an out of warranty car.

Lack of gaskets is interesting, they used silicone to seal everything.

I saw a TV show that explained how many manufacturers are using this more and more. When you have a machine placing the exact amount of silicone, or sealant, on a fresh surface is one thing. A mechanic applying it by hand to a "cleaned up" surface definitely could be another story.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
BMW owners know about repair costs of BMW. Returning Toyota owners are not accustomed to the repair costs of a BMW. Anyone buying a Toyota is not expecting costly BMW repairs. I think we will see a lot of cheap used Supra on the market when the warranty is up. No matter how popular the Supra may become, no one is going to risk the repair costs and pay a lot for an out of warranty car.

Most probably don't. 60+% of BMW's are leased and scheduled maintenance is included under warranty and CPO. My dad never paid a dime on any of his BMW's and simply turned them in when the lease was over and got another.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It is cool to see the way they cast the head so that the exhaust ports lead to just two outlets. Making the headers smaller and lighter. Saving weight.

The intake incorporating the air/water intercooler into it is another interesting idea. It will be interesting to see how efficient the intercooler set up is and how much power can be made with it. Due to cooling ability as well as airflow restrictions. Will the aftermarket make a complete intake & intercooler that is just bigger and flows more air? Or will they find a way to incorporate an air to air intercooler and make a separate intake for the engine?

The timing chain I don't see being an issue. Cars having to have the engine removed to service timing chains isn't uncommon. Just this weekend I say tensioners give out that caused the high-pressure fuel pump to not work properly as it was tied to that chain. The engine and trans had to be removed to have it serviced. Cars are designed to be dropped out of vehicles easily enough nowadays. Not uncommon to see engine out services.

The BMW turbo motors have been pretty stout for a while now. The N54 was considered by many as the "2JZ's little brother". They can make serious power stock. I am sure we will see with this build that they can make killer power and last. I think the videos on this build should be fun to watch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info