El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
And the turbo setup.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pie cuts are the new coolest thing ever, I personally think they look like shit :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
They have been around forever. Then tight radius bends and doughnuts became available and cheap shops continued to do pie cuts.

Now you have shops 3D printing headers, exhaust parts, cold side parts, and so on. In composites, aluminum, steel, stainless, and titanium. And yet shops are still using pie cuts... lmfao

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Because it's the new coolest thing ever, I said that already :rofl:

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Cant believe local dealer has 15k markup on this thing. Are they even selling very well?
I don't think they sell as well as the launch editions did so I'd imagine you'll start seeing those markups coming down pretty fast. That is unless Toyota slows down production to restrict supply and keep the appearance of demand high.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score

Don't know if this is a repost. These guys took a 2020 Supra engine and seem to have done a lot of work to it then took it to the dyno. It made 1Kish HP at 42 PSI. Why the hell am I wholly unimpressed with that? I mean a 20YO 2JZ could have done that easily. My buddy's basic bitch 2JZ (head cleanup, cam) did 690 to the tire with 27 PSI and a 67! Not only that but they converted it to standard port injection vs the direct injection. I hope there's a hell of a lot more in this engine tbh, that's gonna be a let down otherwise.

ED:I skimmed this, someone in the comments is saying it made 850 at 15 PSI. If so that's damn impressive and they need to figure out what their problem is. I mean 42 PSI is a pressure ratio of 3.85 which means as a rough estimate you'd be talking an engine that made 260HP N/A. They're floating valve train, have a horrid tuning or EMS error (like it's pulling timing at high boost) or have a way too small turbo or similar. Something's gotta be up if that's the case. HP gain per PSI of boost shouldn't roll off like that without signs. Making 850 at 15 PSI infers 425ish N/A and at 42 PSI that'd be 1636.25hp.

Last edited:
OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
There are 4 Supras on display - these two abortions and then two stock cars (one yellow and one dark blue).

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
What does it say under "Prototype" on them? Are the Toyota prototypes or some aftermarket company?

EmersonHart13

https://www.instagram.com/emersonhart13/
Donating Member
Reaction score
Even the RAV4 on the stand has that sticker.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Prototype
Vehicle is locked

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Well if those are Toyota prototypes, and not aftermarket companies, it is good to see. That they are playing with the design still. Maybe the mid-model refresh will look even better. Or worse if it looks like the grey one. haha

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Seeing those pics I think the cars look way better than what is currently released. I think a wing adds so much to these cars.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
You guys think those two cars actually look good?
The red one looks like it has the wing, some kind of fender vent thingy, and wheels on it. The fender vent thingy looks a little odd. But the doors back looks stock with a nice looking wing on it. I am usually not a fan of wings but it isn't horrible. I think it adds to the look for sure. The wheels look great.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
You guys think those two cars actually look good?

I should have been more clear. These cars with a wing make them look far better. I don't really care for all the extra flare these have, but the profile looks more complete with a wing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom