The official MKV Supra thread

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
jackie is pretty fast but he's definitely more accident prone than a potato like me, he is willing to push it haaard. kinda agree surprising that he hasn't had worse earlier. i mean really, he has, it's just the track he was at was very unforgiving in terms of run offs and walls; whereas most around here you could have made that mistake and not had much of a problem.

Reactions: RedBeard

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
He doesn’t seem to drive like an asshole in his other vids, he’s just pushing it. Nothing wrong with that

I have only seen two other videos with him. He doesn't seem smooth. I see a lot of quick and jerking of the steering wheel. That happened here as well. It ended up putting him out towards the outside of the corner.

He has insurance he said in his video he will be driving a new one soon

I didn't hear him say he has insurance. I heard someone else off camera say "Start talking to the insurance and see how it works out". The way he was saying "I'll find a way to come back from it. I don't know how long." And so on. It seems he concerned about how it will get fixed.

It will be interesting to see how that works out with insurance. If he has on-track insurance it will probably be fine. If it is the normal car insurance he could be screwed. If he has production insurance, I'm not sure how that goes. But he looked concerned, not a guy that's like "This is why I pay for on-track insurance. It'll be fixed and I'll be back soon."

And the fact that the track called the police to report the crash is interesting. And may lead to issues as well with a claim. Kind of surprised by that too. Maybe they just want to cover their ass if someone tries to come back after the track. Get a report filed and document things for their protection.:

Reactions: Bru

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I mean when you have the car at the absolute limit there is going to be jerky moments as you are going over the limit of traction and then bringing it back with corrections.

In this case it just seems the traction control went into ice mode once the one wheel was "slipping" on the grass and then you can't turn. As the safest way to fuck up on ice is to just go straight according to most ABS/Traction Controls. There should have still been enough grip on the front right wheel to bring that back.

Detroit Speed ring is just a super tight track and you pay for it. The guy has raced Formula 4 so he probably has more experience than most of the other drivers doing time attack regularly.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I have only seen two other videos with him. He doesn't seem smooth. I see a lot of quick and jerking of the steering wheel. That happened here as well. It ended up putting him out towards the outside of the corner.

I didn't hear him say he has insurance. I heard someone else off camera say "Start talking to the insurance and see how it works out". The way he was saying "I'll find a way to come back from it. I don't know how long." And so on. It seems he concerned about how it will get fixed.

It will be interesting to see how that works out with insurance. If he has on-track insurance it will probably be fine. If it is the normal car insurance he could be screwed. If he has production insurance, I'm not sure how that goes. But he looked concerned, not a guy that's like "This is why I pay for on-track insurance. It'll be fixed and I'll be back soon."

And the fact that the track called the police to report the crash is interesting. And may lead to issues as well with a claim. Kind of surprised by that too. Maybe they just want to cover their ass if someone tries to come back after the track. Get a report filed and document things for their protection.:

hpde insurance is one thing, time attack is another - although there appears to be at least one place offering it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
1569532926712.png

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
BMW has already issued a recall for 7 lucky owners of this TOYOTA because of improperly welded seatbelt guide loops. :ROFLMAO:

To me, I like seeing this recall being issued. It means that it wasnt a widespread huge issue, and out of their production run they know exactly which seven vehicles were affected, that's some damn good tracking IMO.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
looks like jackie had track insurance, sold that one and is getting another one.

i've never signed up for track insurance, although it is less expensive these days for sure than when i first looked at the product long ago. i generally drive pretty conservatively (slowly lol) so i actually haven't even had an off in years... well... until last saturday. was rainy, my second (pry last) track day of the year, and whoopsies went off at autobahn turn 5. sideways over rumble strips too, not ideal :p tow hook not in either. this was at the subaru speed expo. thankfully i was able to channel my inner sti and get the car out of the grass and back onto the track.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
To me, I like seeing this recall being issued. It means that it wasnt a widespread huge issue, and out of their production run they know exactly which seven vehicles were affected, that's some damn good tracking IMO.

I think that's pretty impressive as well. It's just humorous that BMW has to issue a recall for Toyota ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info