Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
How is this sexy? The ONLY thing I like about this car is the rear and the side haunches. The rest is SHIT.

1568326785864.png

1568326794543.png

1568326808736.png

1568326814664.png

1568326823011.png

1568326828400.png

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't hate the car and I'm not impressed by it's looks either. And I blame that 100% on the fact that Toyota released a concept car that was incredible looking. Then didn't have the balls or drive to build that car. Instead, we ended up with a car that has the styling cues of the concept car but in fucked up proportions.

The car will probably be a hit. It will be interesting to see how many they sell over time. Especially at that price point. I'm also excited to see what other models they come out with.

Anyone that says the production car looks better than this needs their meds adjusted.

toyota-supra-news2.jpg

toyota-supra-news.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It happens. Sure, some things change like ride height, wheel combo, grill openings, and other items that look great but don't make sense for production or functionality.

But they didn't even try to build the concept. They took the BMW and tried to make it look like the concept car. Even though the wheelbase and other dimensions are so far off from the concept. (n)

Like I said, I don't hate the design totally. Had they not introduced the concept I might even like it more.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It happens. Sure, some things change like ride height, wheel combo, grill openings, and other items that look great but don't make sense for production or functionality.

But they didn't even try to build the concept. They took the BMW and tried to make it look like the concept car. Even though the wheelbase and other dimensions are so far off from the concept. (n)

Like I said, I don't hate the design totally. Had they not introduced the concept I might even like it more.

Totally agree. It’s one thing to change bumpers and lights to conform to road laws, but this production Supra looks so weird. They tried to make the concept design work on the short wheelbase of the Z4. It has a shorter wheelbase than an FR-S, but is longer overall. Bizarre.

Reactions: IDAFC21 and Mook

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I really want to like this car and it is nice to see the power numbers going strong, but my issues with it have probably been said a million times. The dimensions look off for some reason and the amount of panel seams are really ugly. I could probably look past the odd dimensions if the panels gaps weren't so damn distracting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info