The official MKV Supra thread

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Back in the day , always wanted an early 80s Celica gts coupe and a Chrysler Conquest TSI . Had flares and nice wheels .

Once the 87 Supra came out the Celica became smaller more aero looking , but still sold . Lots of women bought 90s celicas.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
25-40 year old twinks that vape and wear flat brimmed hats

You mean the same queers that wear white frame sunglasses too?

But want a little more excitment than a whopping 200hp offered in the 86?

Toyota may soon have the reputation of having a rwd performance line up full of bastard children....... :bowrofl:

The Supra makes 2 so far. Hell maybe some inbred awd Audi will be the next gen Celica...... :s00ls:

I mean the little Audi TT could use a bastard sibling dont you think?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Some of the Celica were pretty badass for their time. In design and features. Especially some of the overseas versions that were used in World Rally Champ and similar series.

The Celica was the first production car to use water injection and Anti-lag for spooling. They were available with all wheel drive as well. They were pretty cool in their own right. Again, not like a Supra. But this Supra is lacking what Supra fans wanted. So I think the Celica would have been a better name for what this car ended up being.

This makes sense...this car seems like it's halfway between what a modern celica and supra should be. Closer to the celica than the supra though, that's for sure

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
If Nissan had brought the GTR back as nothing more than a rebadged g37 with suspension upgrades for $55k....it'd be comparable to this. Hell the HP would even be the same, lol.

At Least Infiniti has their own platform and engine (3.0T).

I find it funny in all these articles that Toyota clearly is butt hurt that people are calling out that the majority of the vehicle is a rebadged BMW.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

a driver's car than can post a 0-60 of 3.8 and 1/4 of 12.3, oh noes so terrible?

i can understand the missed expectations of people looking for a halo gtr.

but i also can totally understand going a more attainable route. my ass is too cheap to buy either, but i'm sure the one i may consider buying first down the line is the pupra.

the greatest tcg track day ever would be one where everyone who whines about this car's power does some hot laps in an NA miata and miraculously discovers they really don't quite know how to handle 115 in the first place.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info