šŸš˜ Automotive The official C8 Corvette thread

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Maybe because it's still the base model.

Saw my 1st one today sitting outside d & m motorsports on north ave. Looked better in the wild. Checked the website, its not listed for sale.

Base or not the car looks off to me, this isnā€™t a Corolla.

Most of the time I think they just look like a Ferrari f430 which is like a 15 year old design. At least the factory wheels are hideous too :rofl:

It looks nothing like a Corvette, there is zero evolution from the previous generations and that annoys me. Donā€™t get me started on the fucking awful flat pedestrian wheels.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Iā€™ve a thought about the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette and itā€™s this: the car is really great at a lot of things, but perhaps its biggest draw is that itā€™s a 500-horsepower, V8 midship sports car for under $60,000. Thereā€™s just one problem. It doesnā€™t seem like there are any for that cheap anywhere.

We reported the new mid-engine Corvette to start at an astonishing $59,995. But now that production delays are behind us and deliveries have finally begun, Cars Direct reports these base-model cars are ā€œvirtually non-existent.ā€ The siteā€™s analysts apparently are having trouble either finding a car at that price or one that hasnā€™t already been sold by a dealer.

It parsed Autotrader and pulled up 291 C8s for sale in the country. The cheapest one is in Miami, Florida, which is black with a red interior and carries an MSRP tag of $67,295.

But the site also suggests the reason for a lack of base models is because dealers generally get more optioned-out models first when a car is new. ā€œ[We] generally find that dealers receive well-equipped styles first when an important model is redesigned,ā€ it writes.

Strangely, though:

Weā€™re also finding that a number of listings online appear to be for cars that have already been sold.
These are sometimes marked ā€œSoldā€ or ā€œSold Order,ā€ but could potentially not be labeled at all. With production reportedly cut by 20%, we expect most C8s to sell out almost as soon as they arrive. Some dealers are even resorting to auction site eBay to get the most they can for Chevyā€™s newest sports car.
... the fact that the car can command a premium is a clear indicator of just how sought-after the car is. Chevy managed to receive 37,000 reservations for the C8 late last year, leading some to conclude that the car was sold out. However, shoppers should be aware that not every reservation may translate to a sale.
As a result, the chances of finding a C8 could be greater than some might think for those willing to pay the right price.
For those looking for a deal, I feel you. I live for deals. I will drive half a block further if it means saving a few cents per gallon of gas. But the fact of the matter is that the C8 Corvette is too new and too in-demand right now for there to be any sort of discount. There arenā€™t any incentives yet.

So if you are looking to bring home Americaā€™s sports car for under $60,000, you might find yourself waiting a bit longer.

via Motor1

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
We pre-sold all of our orders at both of the Chevy dealers except for 1. None of the customers ordered a base model. They all added options, typically at least $10-$20k worth.

The 1 that we ordered, we added typical options that were inline with what customers have wanted on the car in order to make it more desirable when it does arrive.

If someone wants a base model, chances are they'll have to order it that way and wait for it to be produced and delivered instead of hoping to find it sitting on a dealer's lot.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Just getting further behind..... 2021 will have a price increase I'd imagine too

GM suspends all new orders for 2020 Chevrolet Corvette
Orders for 2021 Vettes will open early

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
giphy.gif

Thread Info