🚘 Automotive The official C8 Corvette thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Lack of heated seats isn't that bad. If anything cooled seats are more important since these cars would be driven in the summer months.

The all black base interior is kind of bland. Needs some silver, aluminum, or carbon accents to break it up some. If not color inserts here and there. But I guess that is why you have different interior levels.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Shocking virtually no one, the rumor mill is at full speed with news that the Z06 is getting a twin turbo v8 (that we've known about for a long time).

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-corvette-z06-flat-plane-crank-twin-turbo-v-8/

You've heard the rumors and you've seen the leaked CAD drawings. The car world has been speculating about overhead cams and turbochargers and flat-plane cranks in the backs of C8 Corvettes for months now, but we've confirmed with a deep source on the Corvette team that the upcoming C8.R race car and, more crucially, the C8 Corvette Z06 will be powered by a flat-plane-crank twin-turbo dual-overhead-cam V-8.

"Everyone thinks it will be a small block, but it won't be," said our source. "Listen to the race car."

Also, the wing in this rendering is awful.

3bUS8Az.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Umm, isn't the Voodoo a variant?

And what does it matter whether or not I have or have not?

Yes I guess you could call the Voodoo a variant of the Coyote. I wouldn't go around saying that the Coyote has a FPC though, you might get some puzzling looks.

Because you sound like a bitter HS girl complaining about something that isn't happening...lol. Most Ford guys are praising the shit out of the C8 saying that the gt350 is now completely obsolete. The gt350 is the Mustang that has the Voodoo engine with the FPC btw.

Thread Info