The next Great Recession is coming

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Doubt the TCG economists will reply till the morning.

GTPpower

Reaction score
I wonder why he's saying that. Probably too complicated for most people to understand or put in an article.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Time to stock up on gold like the commercials tell me to.... :s00ls:

I'm sure we're due for a correction or for things to take a down turn soon enough really.

It always does, it's just a matter of how big a downturn it'll be.

JeffsLightning

Reaction score
Enough said

“I think as Americans lose their jobs, they are going to see the cost of living going up rather dramatically, and so this is going to make it particularly painful,” Schiff said.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well we are currently in the longest bull market in history. So it's bound to happen.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Market should take a hit sometime in the near future, but the question really is how much.

This article is garbage though with no reasoning other than "“I think as Americans lose their jobs, they are going to see the cost of living going up rather dramatically, and so this is going to make it particularly painful,” Schiff said."

I do think the Fed messed with the rates (keeping artificially low) for way too long. Like 5 years too long.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I really am curious when we'll see a correction. It generally happens every 8-9 years. The only "bubble" I see is student loans, but a significant increase in defaults there would do nothing except hurt the federal deficit. I just looked it up to confirm, the federal gvt owns 92% of all student loan debt.

Then again, the whole idea behind a bubble is that you don't know it exists until it's too late.

The only thing that I worry about is the federal deficit. That's terrifying, it's impossible to know how that will play out once it hits critical mass because it's never happened before.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Corporate debt. Student loans. Fed rate hikes.

I think we are due for a correction.

Dave M

Reaction score
Aaaaand the market is up 262 pts so far this morning...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For every economist who says the market is going to crash, there's one who says it's going to keep rising. The ones who are correct get rich and the others don't.

The mood of the country, in general, is good. People are buying homes, cars, luxury items. Businesses are expanding. That's what the Fed was hoping for when they kept rates low.

Experts knew there would be blowback once the Fed started raising interest rates. They're sill not bad in comparison to some previous decades so, who knows? The fact they are raising rates shows the Fed thinks the economy is strong enough to handle the increases.

MrCarreraGTO

Reaction score
Well considering peter schiff and ron paul predicted the housing bubble long before it happened, I wouldn't bet against him. Theres videos of him where he was debating other economists and they actually laughed at him and idea of a crash. You don't have to like him but as I said he knows what he's talking about.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll make sure I buy lots of stock while it's low, sell it when the market recovers, and make a nice profit.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Experts knew there would be blowback once the Fed started raising interest rates. They're sill not bad in comparison to some previous decades so, who knows? The fact they are raising rates shows the Fed thinks the economy is strong enough to handle the increases.
What I'm curious of is what is the response lag between interest and inflation right now. It could be significantly longer than what economists are used to seeing; at no point in history has interest been as low, for as long, as it has been the last 10 years. We were basically at 0.25% interest for 9 years. Hopefully we're not looking at a 2 year lag time in which interest continues to rise but loose monetary policies over the past 10 years still drive up inflation despite interest hikes

It'll be interesting. I kind of wish I was still in my master's programs so I had something pushing me to spend hours researching stuff like this, but I'm not so I don't. Lol

I'll have to watch that joe rogan vid this afternoon

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
They've been saying this for the last year. I don't doubt it. We've been riding high, so learning from the past crash a couple years back the market is more sensitive now and willing to pull back sooner...

I did see that the fed raised interest rates last night. That is usually a start to help slow things down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom