The New Toy & Daily Driver!!!

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Well Trans Am is being de-modded and parted out, and sold! The Busa has been up for sale for a while, so I got one vehicle I can have fun with, be purposeful but still be my "toy" So I settled for this....

Took some time but I got her looking good, god damn do my arms/hands hurt this thing is huge!!!
30290278726.jpg

30290278733.jpg

30290278735.jpg

:pedobear:
30290278742.jpg
:pedobear:

It's a 2004 F350 Superduty XLT FX4 4X4 Crew Cab...
Has your basics power windows, power locks, etc. But has some nice optional equipment on it.
6.0 Turbo Diesel, 5 Speed Auto Trans, 3.73 gears, Advanced Sercurity Group, Electronic 4X4 On the fly, sliding rear window, privacy glass, fog lights, adjustable gas/brake pedals, reverse vehicle aid sensors, hitch, power seat, keyless entry, 6-disc in dash cd player etc. I wont hide anything about this one so anything I do will be told. :D Sorry SYP I can't :squirts: all over your little G8 at the track rental with the TA. If anybody has any questions about the T/A i shall tell now.

Edit: Remember all of these pics are from 2005 and im just trying to get more nut swingers!!! Can't forget that!

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Nice PowerStroke. I want a diesel too!! If you grab the latest Power Diesel magazine, it has en entire 6.0PowerStroke feature. It has the recommended upgrade if you were going to spend $2500, $5000, and $10000 on it. It points out the weak points and what it takes to fix them. If you can't find it, I'll find some way to get you mine.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice PowerStroke. I want a diesel too!! If you grab the latest Power Diesel magazine, it has en entire 6.0PowerStroke feature. It has the recommended upgrade if you were going to spend $2500, $5000, and $10000 on it. It points out the weak points and what it takes to fix them. If you can't find it, I'll find some way to get you mine.

ahhhi just read that too... really good article.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Why'd you go 6.0 and not grab a bit older 7.3?

Because the 7.3L are total workhorses but are slower then shit and take way more $$$ to be made fast....

Plus hard to find one in super good shape.

I wanted a red/black crew cab F250/F350 been looking for 1.5+ months now finally found this one so I jumped on it.

Once I take care of the head gaskets and EGR issues i'll be ready to rock!!!! Maybe even give the T/A a run for its money on motor!!! :p

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Doesn't 04 still have the injector/oil pump that needs upgrading too in order to be reliable?

I read way too much on the 6L Ford being a PITA until 05 or maybe it was 06 when they went to a high pressure fuel system....

I'm sure you'll be able to give the TA a run for its money pretty easily! Bump that boost!!!! :bowdown:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Because the 7.3L are total workhorses but are slower then shit and take way more $$$ to be made fast....

Plus hard to find one in super good shape.

I wanted a red/black crew cab F250/F350 been looking for 1.5+ months now finally found this one so I jumped on it.

Once I take care of the head gaskets and EGR issues i'll be ready to rock!!!! Maybe even give the T/A a run for its money on motor!!! :p

the work 6.0s at my work lift heads and eat turbos like they are goin outta style--- 04/05/06- granted they are beat to living hell. but still.

but yeah- r you gonna put head studs on it or what do they do to "fix" the problem?

Doesn't 04 still have the injector/oil pump that needs upgrading too in order to be reliable?

I read way too much on the 6L Ford being a PITA until 05 or maybe it was 06 when they went to a high pressure fuel system....

I'm sure you'll be able to give the TA a run for its money pretty easily! Bump that boost!!!! :bowdown:

thats what i thought as well...

but like i said above- the 06 550 at my work lifted one of its heads the other day.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
The 6.0's that had the most problems where the 03 and early model 04's I have a late model 04. To address the common 6.0 problems when modding or towing alot I am going to be doing.
ARP Headstuds
Updated MLS Headgaskets from ford
All new ford gaskets for anything I remove while doing headstuds
Full EGR/EGR Cooler Delete Kit
Coolant Filter Kit
Crank Case Vent Kit

As of now still doing more re-search but this seems to all the problems thus far. Then its mod time.

Thread Info