• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The new Stiegemeier "Snakebite" for the GT500

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Not everyone can afford or want to spend 4k+ on a new SC and the 2.9 has been out for awhile now. As far as intake charge its nothing that a Raven HE cant fix. Sorry but if you think a whipple is better than a KB we could disagree all day on that one. Not to say they are not good but better...lol

:wavey: no but it sure is nice having that and more..........

Yeah, the problem is I spent more than twice that on my vette and there is no way the wife will let me spend that on this car. I think a posi port, cai, pulley(upper and lower) tuned will be all I can scam on this car.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I have been on that dyno before :)

Steig is a great alternative to buying a new blower when you want to save some cash and get more power than what the stock blower is LIMITED too.

I had a stage 3.5 port on my 03 cobra eaton, after my Horsepower by Hermann tune with a 3.1 upper and 6 lb. lower I was making 520rwhp and 519rwtq SAE corrected on Mike's dynojet in Mokena.

Mike

ps Since1964, my dad is a european immigrant from Poland, who came here and got drafted into Vietnam by the US Army and got fucked up physically and mentally for YOU and YOUR COUNTRY along with his two immigrant brothers. His English still sucks and he just got his US Citizenship this year.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Paul probably sends the blowers to Steig and puts his stamp on it. When Apten was porting blowers, they also went to Steig, shipped back and forth, with Apten's name on it.

Paul's tunes are leaner than normal, which I am uncomfortable with, and people tell me I had a "wieird" combo. I wouldn't trust Paul with a Honda civic since he even lied to my face about tuning my car and forced me to spend the night because he didn't know how to tune it, then acted like it was perfect and a monster, and handed me the dyno sheet and right to face said it was very safe and fast. The car even idled like complete shit. Hermann straighted out the AF ratio and got more power out of it (520/519), fixed the idle and it drove much more smoothly.

OH and look how high Paul revved it!!!!!!! WTF! He was like ... oh that's completely safe these cars can take it!!! F.U. Paul! And it was something like a $750 tuning bill.

Mike

PHPDyno.jpg

fireredven03

Regular
Mar 29, 2007
Paul probably sends the blowers to Steig and puts his stamp on it. When Apten was porting blowers, they also went to Steig, shipped back and forth, with Apten's name on it.

Paul's tunes are leaner than normal, which I am uncomfortable with, and people tell me I had a "wieird" combo. I wouldn't trust Paul with a Honda civic since he even lied to my face about tuning my car and forced me to spend the night because he didn't know how to tune it, then acted like it was perfect and a monster, and handed me the dyno sheet and right to face said it was very safe and fast. The car even idled like complete shit. Hermann straighted out the AF ratio and got more power out of it (520/519), fixed the idle and it drove much more smoothly.

OH and look how high Paul revved it!!!!!!! WTF! He was like ... oh that's completely safe these cars can take it!!! F.U. Paul! And it was something like a $750 tuning bill.

Mike

PHPDyno.jpg

Actually, they port them in house. MM&FF did a write up on it in I think the November issue. Cold air, pulley, tune, and ported blower the car made 565rwhp.

I'm not sure your deal, or what happened with PHP, but I have used them on every mustang I've ever had (04 mach 1, 03 cobra, 08 GT500, my bro's 03 cobra, and my dad's 05 mustang gt) and everything has been fast, and very reliable. My Bro's cobra makes 505 rwhp at 6k, AF is 12.1 across the board, and he is on a stage II steggy. 4.6 4 valves will rev to 7k by the way, I used to shift the mach 1 at 6800 because it was still making good power (def not stock) Sometimes I'm not a fan of their prices, but their shit is done right. Jeff Stearns can be a dickweed, but I've never had a problem with Paul.

As for your situation, I can't comment because I don't know many details. I can see how you are pissed though from your comments above. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I think this new snake bite thing is garbage, but a simple port job paired with a 2.6 upper and a 4 lower, cai and tune should almost make 600/600 at the tire. Thats what I want.

MY goal is 600+ at the wheels also so I can stay away from actually MAXING out the motor. I'm not sure if a 2.3 Whipple will do it, but I think there is a 2.9 coming and I want a blower that is comfortable producing the boost I need as apposed to generating extra heat being over-spun, if that's the right words. I prefer the look of the Whipple especially with Ford Racing decals, but it may take a KB, I don't know.

All I need is a 1 piece drive shaft, a blower, tires and probably some Upper and Lower Control arms and I am THERE, unlike my 03 which required all that OTHER stuff. THAT'S why I got the 2010, and I can't wait for the spring to get it all done, I just hope Jerry is back at Sutton because NOBODY tunes like him, probably the SAME, but no one is BETTER, I really believe that, and I want my car tuned by him.

These complaints about Paul's are from too long ago for ME to worry, and if Jerry's not back or SOMEWHERE, I'll go back to Paul's with NO FEAR!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info