• Love
Reactions: Yaj Yak

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I just ordered one of these, same as KJ haz. I'd say this is 50% his fault and the other 50% is DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

37076-4-Rustler-VXL-YLW-splash-02.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DEEZUZ and Yaj Yak

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i gotta sell the nitro one i have. bought the shit used and never used it
I remember when I was a kid and nitro cars were the shit. I had the nitro 4tec with two gears, sounded so cool when it shifted

such a PITA though. Break in, tuning, blahblahblah

Reactions: The Beast

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Don’t forget adjusting the shift point
Maybe it's just because I was a dumb kid, but I couldn't get that thing to top speed for the life of me. IIRC it was 52mph (practically unheard of at the time for an out of the box car) but even on perfect pavement, every time it hit 2nd gear it broke all 4 tires loose and spun

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I remember when I was a kid and nitro cars were the shit. I had the nitro 4tec with two gears, sounded so cool when it shifted

such a PITA though. Break in, tuning, blahblahblah
Yeah I just realized I am never going to do that shit... I'd just go electric at this point

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
What's fun is my 2 year old loves it.

Any recommendations for small scale stuff that can be used indoors on carpet?
I bought the Traxxas extreme heavy duty ones back in January and they’ve survived since then.

Traxxas TRA6852A Driveshaft Assembly, Rear, Extreme Heavy Duty (1) https://a.co/d/bPXqIyv

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I just wanna say this rustler is sick AF. I truly do not know how people can get it to top speed though, I've nailed the throttle from prob 45-50mph and it will still loop if you don't get out of it quick

My 3yo can actually use it just fine even with the 3s Lipo battery in it, i just make him keep it in the grass and he knows to stay light on the trigger. I ordered a lower power battery just for him though

the in laws street ends with a big grass area that doesn't have a curb, perfect runoff area for high speed runs

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I just wanna say this rustler is sick AF. I truly do not know how people can get it to top speed though, I've nailed the throttle from prob 45-50mph and it will still loop if you don't get out of it quick

My 3yo can actually use it just fine even with the 3s Lipo battery in it, i just make him keep it in the grass and he knows to stay light on the trigger. I ordered a lower power battery just for him though

the in laws street ends with a big grass area that doesn't have a curb, perfect runoff area for high speed runs

maybe we gotta drive next to it in a full size vehicle :rofl:

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Thread Info