1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
so yeah, thots on what i should buy?

i ordered these just to be able to use it here soon
View attachment 126066
I have the rustler vxl 4x4 mine came with the rims and tires you ordered, the car it’s self has been unbreakable, I only run it on 3s it does 4wd burnouts everywhere it goes and I flip it quite often, it is super stable though compared to the truck my son has, the rustler is a beast and very fast on 3s

Reactions: Yaj Yak

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Two of my tires tore apart a while back in my 4x4 slash running on a 3s. I replaced with these and added some extra superglue to both sides prior to installing. A lot of people recommended badlands but I was too cheap to buy them.

Traxxas 5877A BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires Pre-Glued on SCT Split-Spoke, Satin Chrome, Black Beadlock-Style Wheels (pair) https://a.co/d/bSYKPwC

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I got tires. Accidentally ordered fronts so I tossed those on first, and then ordered the green rears cuz they were quickest available...

TEMP_0719221543_HDR~2.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Any suggestions
Haven't had Traxxas in a long time.

If RPM makes plastic ones, they'd be better than Traxxas OE.

But honestly, a steel CV kit would be best.

Amainhobbies.com usually carries a great selection for the rougher enthusiast as they cater more towards the competition side of things.

These should work I think. There are so many generations of rustler's over the years not sure which parts would exactly fit. But usually lots of stuff crosses over.

if you want OE Traxxas, these would work too. Boots will get torn up no matter what you do and you'll end up eventually running without them.

Reactions: JFish75 and Yaj Yak

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Haven't had Traxxas in a long time.

If RPM makes plastic ones, they'd be better than Traxxas OE.

But honestly, a steel CV kit would be best.

Amainhobbies.com usually carries a great selection for the rougher enthusiast as they cater more towards the competition side of things.

These should work I think. There are so many generations of rustler's over the years not sure which parts would exactly fit. But usually lots of stuff crosses over.

if you want OE Traxxas, these would work too. Boots will get torn up no matter what you do and you'll end up eventually running without them.

I got the MIP ones and have been solid. I have the exact same model Rustler.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
My bad. The mip kit I posted is recommended for 2s only. For 3s they say use
Never noticed that until you just mentioned it, but mine have been fine for the last year or more with the 3S. ?‍♂️

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
how's this as far as something small for inside

I have the Mini 8ight buggy. I'd say its too fast for a house, even on 2S. Will get up to 25mph really quick. On 3S, somewhere near upper 30's low 40's.

8ights are almost competition grade oriented. Light and very fast quick quick turn in. They will punish bad throttle control by the driver because its so light.

The Truggy is probably more stable as it has a bit more weight.

Thread Info