🧑‍🍼 The new/new-ish dad thread

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This kid is a master at pooping her diaper right after we change her. Just happened three times in a row.
Happened all the time, I would fake change. Open the diaper, let the cool air hit him and close it back up....like clockwork he would start pissing again almost right after I closed it up :rofl:

Then change it out like normal.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I think the setting is called washing machine. Yes, just a white noiseish sound at max volume. When baby is in the womb it’s apparently quite loud so the sound at a good volume is comforting.
Owen still has his noise machine and same thing, it’s white noise with a heartbeat.

We used the shusher as well for the first couple months.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
She was up screaming all fucking night long till my wife started crying because she was so frustrated. As soon as the sun come up she out like a light.
7AA7F440-1C90-4BA2-B78F-02120879F0ED.jpeg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
She was up screaming all fucking night long till my wife started crying because she was so frustrated. As soon as the sun come up she out like a light. View attachment 145232
Oh how I have forgotten about these days :ROFLMAO: My son was damn near impossible to get to sleep at night. I would have to drive him around in the car at 300am or sometimes put him on the dryer in his car seat while it was running. The slight motion seemed to calm him and put him to sleep. :ROFLMAO:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Thank god for Hey Bear.

I ate something this morning that absolutely emptied out the contents of my stomach and intestines for a good 4 hours and couldn’t get off the toilet. Felt like I was in Pro Stock John Pro Stock John thread.

Kid was absolutely mesmerized while I was dying in the bathroom.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I think I’m getting the itch to go back to work. Right now a look forward to going to the store or whatever just to get out of the house. Hey babe, I think we need paper plates or something. I’ll run to the store ?

It’s fun when they get a little bigger to take them with. When our older kid was 5 months I started taking him in his car seat to the store. It kind of sucks then because the infant seat takes up most of the cart and you have to stack stuff around them.

EBEDE83A-2283-4B1C-8448-B0964B6FBE00.jpeg

Once he was around 10 months I just threw him in the front of the cart.

Thank god for Hey Bear.

I ate something this morning that absolutely emptied out the contents of my stomach and intestines for a good 4 hours and couldn’t get off the toilet. Felt like I was in Pro Stock John Pro Stock John thread.

Kid was absolutely mesmerized while I was dying in the bathroom.

I kind of miss Hey Bear. We’re onto Ms. Rachel and Simple Songs now. Happy birthday is probably my favorite with those gangster radishes that come out when the beat drops :rofl:. I had at least 5 hey bear songs in my Spotify wrapped. There’s a hey bear playlist we’d put on as a last resort when he’d get pissed in the car.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I kind of miss Hey Bear. We’re onto Ms. Rachel and Simple Songs now. Happy birthday is probably my favorite with those gangster radishes that come out when the beat drops :rofl:. I had at least 5 hey bear songs in my Spotify wrapped. There’s a hey bear playlist we’d put on as a last resort when he’d get pissed in the car.
My daughter is finally getting tired of Ms Rachel but that was a great one. I guess the wife found Little Bear which is some old ass show, probably from the 90s, that she now likes to watch more.

Anyone have a recommendation for something educational that’s a step above the Ms Rachel - Songs for Littles stuff?

Thread Info