🧑‍🍼 The new/new-ish dad thread

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
wife was induced and labored for 16 hours. Sometime during that the baby flipped and breached herself so we had to do a C section. We still have not decided a name yet for this little girl.
8D5C1664-79C8-4508-AB56-0F881C8B9496.jpeg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Congrats man.

Yeah, Megan was "coerced" in way towards a C-section. The whole thing, looking back on it, was literally setup to just toss her in a C-section and be done with it. The way the doctor went about things just screamed C-section from the start, before Megan even started dilating.

She wants to do a VBAC this time but even her new doctors are telling her "you've already had one and we highly suggest not doing a VBAC because if shit ruptures, you're getting a C-section anyway." So just skip the middleman kind of thing.

• Sad
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
This girl has her days and nights mixed up. Can’t wake her during the day and she won’t sleep at night
Babies don’t have a circadian rhythm for months. Hopefully someone told you this :rofl:

Eventually they get it but the first 2 months for both my kids are a blur because of it.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Megan's pregnancy has been the total polar opposite of when she was pregnant with Owen. Literally everything about it is different. I fear when the little girl comes, so will her schedule. :rofl:

The boy was easy. The DAY we brought him home. In his crib 7pm to 7am, like clockwork, every day in day out. She's going to be a handful, I already know it. :roflpicard:

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Babies don’t have a circadian rhythm for months. Hopefully someone told you this :rofl:

Eventually they get it but the first 2 months for both my kids are a blur because of it.
Well I know that lol. Just saying that some babies seem to sleep at night with out issue. This one, not so much. During the day she sleeps and is hard to wake up.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My wife is sold on this concept of wake windows. I don’t really know a ton about them much because he’s on the tit constantly, but it either helped or he just coincidentally got better on his own while we were doing it. He’ll nap for a few hours then we try to keep him awake some pre determined amount of time before letting him sleep again.

Reactions: smug and SleeperLS

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I feel you all with the lactation people….. they kept coming in the room and tell us about how breast is best and that formula is wrong blah blah blah. My wife wanted to breast feed and that’s cool but she is having a very hard time producing milk so she is super discouraged. We went to the first baby dr appointment and the pediatrician said that she needs to eat more and to supplement with formula. It’s like the pediatrician and the lactation people are on two different an end of the spectrum here. ?‍?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I feel you all with the lactation people….. they kept coming in the room and tell us about how breast is best and that formula is wrong blah blah blah. My wife wanted to breast feed and that’s cool but she is having a very hard time producing milk so she is super discouraged. We went to the first baby dr appointment and the pediatrician said that she needs to eat more and to supplement with formula. It’s like the pediatrician and the lactation people are on tow different an end of the spectrum here. ?‍?
That shit is super cruel and my understanding is women don’t actually produce much for a few days after birth. We supplemented with my daughter after like 2 months because she wouldn’t gain weight on breast milk. She never acted like she was still hungry or anything. Second kid we did it almost instantly and we’re much better off. Wife also found a lactation expert that wasn’t a judge mental bitch and was just like “it’s whatever you’re good with and nothing is perfect for everyone.”

Reactions: smug and Jimy Bilmo

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
That shit is super cruel and my understanding is women don’t actually produce much for a few days after birth. We supplemented with my daughter after like 2 months because she wouldn’t gain weight on breast milk. She never acted like she was still hungry or anything. Second kid we did it almost instantly and we’re much better off. Wife also found a lactation expert that wasn’t a judge mental bitch and was just like “it’s whatever you’re good with and nothing is perfect for everyone.”
That’s basically what I have been telling my wife. As long as baby is fed and happy I’m good

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Congrats man.

Yeah, Megan was "coerced" in way towards a C-section. The whole thing, looking back on it, was literally setup to just toss her in a C-section and be done with it. The way the doctor went about things just screamed C-section from the start, before Megan even started dilating.

She wants to do a VBAC this time but even her new doctors are telling her "you've already had one and we highly suggest not doing a VBAC because if shit ruptures, you're getting a C-section anyway." So just skip the middleman kind of thing.
My first kid we went in for a procedure where they turn the baby around in the womb. It was stressful but it worked.

Congrats to you guys. Be nice to mama it takes a while for a c section to heal.

Thread Info