💬 OT 🧑‍🍼 The new/new-ish dad thread

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Daycare must have not put my son's diaper on correctly. We got home, and I let him go play for a minutes while I'm doing something in the other room. I come out, and there is SHIT all over our floor and play rug. His hands were clean, so I know he wasn't digging around his diaper. The poop must have just come down his leg and out the bottom of his shorts. My wife gets him in the bathroom and his diaper is only half-on, what a stinky fucking mess!

He was mashing the poop into the carpeting/floor with his shoes while saying 'ewww' and 'yucky'. We contemplated just throwing the rug out, wasn't sure if it was worth the effort to potentially getting the wet vacuum smelling like shit. We have found that no matter how much we clean it, the vacuum still smells like what you used to clean up last.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Mook and HeavyG

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Daycare must have not put my son's diaper on correctly. We got home, and I let him go play for a minutes while I'm doing something in the other room. I come out, and there is SHIT all over our floor and play rug. His hands were clean, so I know he wasn't digging around his diaper. The poop must have just come down his leg and out the bottom of his shorts. My wife gets him in the bathroom and his diaper is only half-on, what a stinky fucking mess!

He was mashing the poop into the carpeting/floor with his shoes while saying 'ewww' and 'yucky'. We contemplated just throwing the rug out, wasn't sure if it was worth the effort to potentially getting the wet vacuum smelling like shit. We have found that no matter how much we clean it, the vacuum still smells like what you used to clean up last.
Take it outside and hose and brush it out first

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007

I hear ya about the vacuum....I've lost 2 nice shop vacuums in that war.....

I noticed what helps is changing filters of course and spraying it down with Urban Mexican Holy Water aka Fabuloso ? ?

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Took a trip up to RMNP this week and did a little hike. This REI kid carrier was money for bringing the little one with. Borrowed it from a neighbor but now I want to look into finding one used as these are $200-350 new. She was totally content and even ended up falling asleep while we were hiking back to the car.

28467D3B-D6D1-40FE-A128-9D8F882969A4.jpeg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Took a trip up to RMNP this week and did a little hike. This REI kid carrier was money for bringing the little one with. Borrowed it from a neighbor but now I want to look into finding one used as these are $200-350 new. She was totally content and even ended up falling asleep while we were hiking back to the car.

View attachment 119528
When we went up to Devil’s Lake, I brought something similar. Hiked a couple miles up the bluff and around the lake and didn’t once feel tired from him hanging off me. Well worth it.

View attachment 119537

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

View attachment 119528
Might be able to hook it up depending on brand. (Thule, osprey etc)

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Thanks buddy. I am excited, but with the knowledge that I have no idea what I am getting into.
Congrats man.

As I’ve said before, particularly to Jared (Jarod? Jarrod?), I’m still winging it 2.5 years in. It just comes to you naturally, it’s seriously uncanny.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Congrats. Sounds like he was just getting cramped and was ready to come out.
Yea for sure. 2 weeks earlier than my daughter and she was an inch shorter and 4oz lighter. He was always moving around like crazy in my wife’s belly, like could visually see it shift side to side.

Thread Info