đź’¬ OT đź§‘‍🍼 The new/new-ish dad thread

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
With these cold temps, we’ve had a ton of fun inside with something new my wife found on a local mom’s group: Nuggets. Super fun for fort building, lounging, jumping, creative play. Both our 1 yo and 4 yo go nuts with them. They can also double as little couches when they’re not configured into kid-launching platforms. Two is really where it’s at.

BA87902E-D9ED-46B3-AA2F-2024E9860EE9.jpeg

A22DB529-AC25-4462-8E9C-E5BA21D22920.jpeg

1F6B8865-4678-42C6-99DE-A27812836DB8.jpeg

27A85ACC-8E8A-483C-AB0A-81F3B154D9EC.jpeg

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
With these cold temps, we’ve had a ton of fun inside with something new my wife found on a local mom’s group: Nuggets. Super fun for fort building, lounging, jumping, creative play. Both our 1 yo and 4 yo go nuts with them. They can also double as little couches when they’re not configured into kid-launching platforms. Two is really where it’s at.

View attachment 109828

View attachment 109827

View attachment 109831

View attachment 109829
We got the Sam's Club version (https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-kids-explorer-play-sofa/prod25970589?xid=plp_product_1) which is about 50 bucks less - love it so far. Probably going to pick up a second to have more options.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
She's got her body pillow. Which is coincidentally how I became a dad and why I'm posting in the dad thread. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love that kid but $200 for couch cushions... I've spent stupid money on stupider things so I guess it's not terrible. My issue is my fucking dogs will stink it up immediately so we can't really buy fluffy/foam things. Duke WILL piss on it day 1 and ruin it for the kid.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Megan’s mom bought Owen a toddler Jeep bed. His sleep schedule is totally screwed up now. Passed out on me because he doesn’t want to take midday naps anymore and now he’ll wake up at 2am again like he did last night and stay wide awake until we get up.
Is he not wanting to sleep in said jeep bed?

I’ve been dealing with some separation anxiety and twin bed shit with my 3 year old for like 2 months. She’s fine most of the time and then will just say fuck this to sleeping in the twin bed and wanting to sleep in the toddler bed (even though she’s basically the same damn length)

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Megan’s mom bought Owen a toddler Jeep bed. His sleep schedule is totally screwed up now. Passed out on me because he doesn’t want to take midday naps anymore and now he’ll wake up at 2am again like he did last night and stay wide awake until we get up.
He is just worried he hasn't been ducked yet. Its a Jeep thing.

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I'm not going to get into the specifics of it (my house is haunted) but we put his crib back in and he was still having panicked screaming fits like he was terrified of something in his room.

The past nights of said specifics being performed and he has slept totally at ease and without any crying in his crib. So maybe we'll try his Jeep again.

Or he's just a fucking 2 year old toddler and he's going to have growing pains/throw fits at times. I know it's a radical thought but I'm wrong, apparently.

Reactions: Blownbyyou

Thread Info